ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sous49
Mood:

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Sous49 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:11 am

Sabri wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:08 am
Hi all, i applied end of June 2019 for my nationalisation and on the 19/12/19 i received a letter stating it will take over 6 months etc. Yesterday 21/01/20 i received the following email (see below) now i am just wondering what does this email mean as they never mentioned that my application is with a caseworker etc i just for the below email. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for your e-mail

You will be contacted by post within 21 working days

Thank you

FMT
Hi there
Hopefully and from my observation here it means a decision been sent to you.

Good luck

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:15 am

Hi there

I am feeling guilty that I may have annoyed the home office by my emails and therefore they delayed my application as it was with a case worker since 21 of December.

We applied together myself and mu daughter and she thankfully got it last week although she never asked for an update

Good luck

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:31 am

Hi! What address do I return my biometric ILR card and travel document to once my naturalisation application has been approved?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:33 am

saamna wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:31 am
Hi! What address do I return my biometric ILR card and travel document to once my naturalisation application has been approved?
You will get details at your ceremony of where to send the BRP to. You only send it back after the ceremony, NOT when you get the approval letter.

You need your travel document to apply for a British passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:34 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:33 am
saamna wrote:
You will get details at your ceremony of where to send the BRP to. You only send it back after the ceremony, NOT when you get the approval letter.

Hi,ok thank you, my ceremony is tomorrow. Also do I return the travel document along with the supporting documents for British passport application? In what way I need the document during the application. Plx explain.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:36 am

saamna wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:34 am
CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:33 am
saamna wrote:

Hi,ok thank you, my ceremony is tomorrow. Also do I return the travel document along with the supporting documents for British passport application? In what way I need the document during the application. Plx explain.
Returning the BRP card is a separate process to returning the travel document and applying for a passport.

1. Return the BRP based on the instructions you get tomorrow at your ceremony.

2. Apply for a British passport and submit what is asked for, usually TD and Naturalisation cert etc. HMPO will likely retain the TD.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sabri
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Post by Sabri » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:43 pm

Hi thanks for the reply, my main concern is i never got an email or even a notification from the HO that my application is with a caseworker or anything. The only 2 emails i got is as follow.
First email on the 12/12/19

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Please note that we will contact you as soon as we are in a position to take a decision on your case. You do not need to contact us again unless you need to report a change in circumstances.

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we would be grateful if you could complete a short online survey. Please access the survey using the following link:

And the second email on the 21/01/20

Thank you

FMT

I would appreciate it if someone can shed some light and advice as this is stressing me out as am not sure what does it mean. Has anyone had the same email ? What was the outcome etc. I will appreciate it if someone can help.

Thanks

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:52 pm

Sabri wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:43 pm
Hi thanks for the reply, my main concern is i never got an email or even a notification from the HO that my application is with a caseworker or anything. The only 2 emails i got is as follow.

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Please note that we will contact you as soon as we are in a position to take a decision on your case. You do not need to contact us again unless you need to report a change in circumstances.

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we would be grateful if you could complete a short online survey. Please access the survey using the following link:

Thank you

FMT

I would appreciate it if someone can shed some light and advice as this is stressing me out as am not sure what does it mean. Has anyone had the same email ? What was the outcome etc. I will appreciate it if someone can help.

Thanks
Sabri wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:43 pm

Thank you

FMT

Thanks
Hi Sabri

From my observation here and shared information it means a decision had been made and hopefully positive

Good luck

cm19
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by cm19 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:56 pm

sanabibi123 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:22 pm
Hi cm19 did you got any update on your application as i applied the same day you did.it's over 4 months now. im worried i over stay from 2001 till 2007 hoping i don't get refusal base on the that.apart from never got involve in anything.
Hi I havent got any replies, pls try not to worry, I dont think the delay means they have refused, its probably that they are prioritizing certain applications. During the time you overstayed it was over 10yrs ago so I dont see it as a ground of refusal.. I know it's hard but try to relax and wait. Fingers crossed we hear something soon.

sizzy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by sizzy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:25 pm

Hello everyone,

i applied for my Naturalisation on the 4 december 2019, i just realised that i need to submit my old passport with my documents which i didnt.

i have not heard any feed back from home office yet, i'm so worried as i dont know what to do at this point. please advise me do i still need to send it to them or it i use the UKVAS serivce. thank you.

mideoye
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by mideoye » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:52 pm

Hi All,

Received my approval today. Please see timeline below:
Eligibility criteria: 5 years Tier 2 + 1 year ILR
Language/LIUK Criteria: UK degree + LIUK Test
Nationality : Non-EU
Method of application: Online UKVCAS
Date of application: 22/11/2019
Payment method: Debit card
Date of acknowledgement: 22/11/2019
Date of debit of fees: 22/11/2019
Date of biometric letter received/issued: n/a
Date Biometrics enrolled: 25/11/2019 - Paid appointment
Date on Approval letter: 17/01/2020
Date of receipt of approval: 22/01/2020
Date of receipt of ceremony letter:
Date of Ceremony:

I am so relieved about this. Never got any useful updates from the usual email addresses posted here when I sent messages to them. It appears if your case is straightforward, you will get a prompt decision on your application. All the best to all who are still waiting, and I hope you get a favourable decision soon!

sanabibi123
Pakistan

Post by sanabibi123 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:56 pm

Thanks cm19 we do try not to worry. This forum give us hope it's not only me there are lots of other people who are on the same waiting list.

Arsenal86

Post by Arsenal86 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:44 pm

Hi guys, is it any phone number we can call homeoffice to ask for update instead emails?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:55 pm

Arsenal86 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:44 pm
Hi guys, is it any phone number we can call homeoffice to ask for update instead emails?
See here for contact details: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

Note that the call centre is an outsourced operation with the staff not having direct access to case files or case workers. I believe they will take messages to pass to the relevant departments.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Arsenal86

Post by Arsenal86 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:05 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:55 pm
Arsenal86 wrote:

Note that the call centre is an outsourced operation with the staff not having direct access to case files or case workers. I believe they will take messages to pass to the relevant departments.
Thank you,, I just received email from FMT I will be contacted by post in 21 days, I hope is the decision and not just to tell me your application is going to take longer, I applied beginning of july, so over 6 month now, got some emails before " your application will take longer than 6 month , let see what are they sending to me.

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:31 pm

Arsenal86 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:05 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:55 pm
Arsenal86 wrote:

Thank you,, I just received email from FMT I will be contacted by post in 21 days, I hope is the decision and not just to tell me your application is going to take longer, I applied beginning of july, so over 6 month now, got some emails before " your application will take longer than 6 month , let see what are they sending to me.
From what I have seen from other cases, this is mostly a good news!

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:56 pm

Hello guys

do you think that repeated emails asking about updates may delay a decision ?

good luck all

Arsenal86

Post by Arsenal86 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:03 pm

Sous49 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:56 pm
Hello guys

good luck all
I don't think bro, if they are annoyed by your emails they will not reply to you as they are not obligated to give updates.
We just have to wait now, I got that 21 day email 1 hour ago, and I will not email them untill 21 days pass.
Good luck I hope you will get it soon

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:13 pm

Arsenal86 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:03 pm
Sous49 wrote:
Hello guys

good luck all
I don't think bro, if they are annoyed by your emails they will not reply to you as they are not obligated to give updates.
We just have to wait now, I got that 21 day email 1 hour ago, and I will not email them untill 21 days pass.
Good luck I hope you will get it soon
Thank you so much Arsenal , all the best indeed.

Ifycamilla

Post by Ifycamilla » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:37 am

Sous49 wrote:
Hello guys

good luck all
Hi Sousa49 my friend. No I don't think so, between December and first week of January when I got my brown envelope, I sent over 4 emails to the home office requesting for updates. The delay on your application maybe due to the root you got your indefinite from. Probably...I'm praying for you seriously Sousa49

betterlatethannever

Post by betterlatethannever » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:34 am

What email address did you use to find application status?
I got following response:

Thank you for your correspondence.
This is not a general correspondence inbox. Unless we have contacted you directly your email will be deleted.
Should you require any further information regarding British Citizenship you should visit: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

dsouzadlondon
Newly Registered
India

Post by dsouzadlondon » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:11 am

My naturalisation application was accepted in total from date of application to approval was 8 weeks (Tier 2)

I really wish all of youll waiting for months on end the best and my heart breaks for you'll I can only imagine the stress.

Admins - Thank you for helping me on this long journey and I would love to give back to this community and if you ll need any technical help with this website free of charge do message.

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:34 pm

Ifycamilla wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:37 am
Sous49 wrote:
Hello guys

good luck all
Hi Sousa49 my friend. No I don't think so, between December and first week of January when I got my brown envelope, I sent over 4 emails to the home office requesting for updates. The delay on your application maybe due to the root you got your indefinite from. Probably...I'm praying for you seriously Sousa49
Thank you so much IfyCamilla for your kind words
Myself and my daughter applied at the same 10 minutes if you like and she is my dependent thankfully she got it last week ..never asked for an update though 🙂
I shall wait
Hope all is going well with you

Arsenal86

Post by Arsenal86 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:04 pm

Hi guys, what reference do you give tu council when you call to check if the certificate has arrived to them?
I called them today just to try in case they have something, she asked me for my reference number, I said I only have case number and she sorry I cant check it, I told her can you check it if I give you my full name and date of birth she said no.

slack
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by slack » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:11 pm

It is the case number with 0 in the beginning. 0xxxxxxxx

Don't they have online system where you can book yourself?