ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Opening bank account uk

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shano381
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Opening bank account uk

Post by Shano381 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:08 am

Hi i am new in uk I moved from Ireland.
I am unable to open my bank account as the reason
Is the credit score checking companies do not have my credit score history. Any help on this
Many thankx

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Opening bank account uk

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:10 am

Depends what type of account you are trying to open.

Start with a basic bank account with no frills.

Try Monzo or one of the other online banks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:45 am

I had the same issue when I moved to the UK.

I spoke with my manager at work. He called his bank, Lloyds TSB at the time, he went with me and they opened an account. He was a client with them.

Also, a week later, I managed to open an account with HSBC. I just told them I am new to the UK and they recommend a basic account they have for that. Just an account with a visa card. No credit, no overdraft or anything. But it's enough to receive your wages and start your life in the UK.

Waseem432000
Mood:

Post by Waseem432000 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:29 pm

When I moved to the UK, i had the trouble of opening the bank account without a valid proof of address. I decided to open Monzo bank account and they sent me my debit card within 3 days. I used thet Monzo bank statement as valid proof of address to open a high street bank account with Natwest. Within 6 months, I had my first credit card from Natwest with some credit history.