ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 extension.. general questions

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

soommec
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 2 extension.. general questions

Post by soommec » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:06 am

Hi there,
i am planning to apply for my tier2 extension by the end of january 2020 and i have following questions.

Q1: I have completed my 3years on tier2 already so can i apply for the extension for 2years instead of 3years?. that will save me £400 health surcharge.

Q2: apart from COS , contract and P40, is there any other document required for tier2 extension?

Q3: is maintanance fund required for dependant on tier 2 extension?

Q4: any document required for dependant apart from marrige certificate?

Many thanks

immmmmy
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 extension.. general questions

Post by immmmmy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:15 pm

Q1: I have completed my 3years on tier2 already so can i apply for the extension for 2years instead of 3years?. that will save me £400 health surcharge.

Yes you can - if the CoS is for a 2 year extension.

Q2: apart from COS , contract and P40, is there any other document required for tier2 extension?

Passport and current BRP card - also up to date polcie registration certificate if required for your nationality

Q3: is maintanance fund required for dependant on tier 2 extension?

Yes - but has your sponsor certified maintenance? You can see on the bottom of a CoS, it'll have Y if so next to the statement

Q4: any document required for dependant apart from marrige certificate?

Evidence of cohabitation - can be a bank statement or utility bill or some official document confirming your spouse resides at the same residential address as you

soommec
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by soommec » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:18 pm

many thanks for the help.. just one more thing.
i am applying for the extension from within UK and one of the solicitor is insisting that i can not apply for the extension more than 28days before my current tier 2 expires.. i have not read about the 28days limit anywhere else.
my current tier 2 expires on 20th March 2020 can i please confirm that i can apply for tier 2 extension on 20th jan 2020? ie 2months in advance..
thanking you
Moghal

charli
Mood:

Post by charli » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:50 pm

soommec wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:18 pm
many thanks for the help.. just one more thing.
i am applying for the extension from within UK and one of the solicitor is insisting that i can not apply for the extension more than 28days before my current tier 2 expires.. i have not read about the 28days limit anywhere else.
my current tier 2 expires on 20th March 2020 can i please confirm that i can apply for tier 2 extension on 20th jan 2020? ie 2months in advance..
thanking you
Moghal
Hi Moghal,
I applied a Tier 2 Dependent Extension (standard service) for wife on 06 Jan 2020 (biometrics done on 10 Jan 2020) though my wife visa expires on 03 May 2020. I searched for extension rules and could not found anything as you solicitor mentioned (28 days before). So I applied in advance to avoid any hassle (planning for a holiday in May). I will post you a reply if I get any decision this week or next.

soommec
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by soommec » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:36 pm

thankyou! i hope it turns out to be good for you. will wait for your reply.
best of luck

charli
Mood:

Post by charli » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:14 am

soommec
Hi, I received an approval letter and the BRP yesterday. So this confirms you can apply any time not necessarily before 28 days.