ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First UK Passport Application Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ttcg

First UK Passport Application Questions

Post by ttcg » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:07 pm

Hi,

I would like to know whether it's possible to fill the UK passport application in advance and submit only when it's ready.

For example, for both ILR & Citizenship online applications, I could fill and prepare all required informations before 6 months and ask referee information etc. I submitted only when I was ready and waited the eligibility for the application.

I've got the citizenship ceremony on 3rd Feb and the planned trip in mid of March. So, I would like to prepare everything beforehand and submit the passport application within short days after the ceremony to get it back in time for my holiday.

I tried to do it online but couldn't find the feature to save the application. It keeps asking me questions after questions and doesn't ask me to register an account or save the progress like others (ILR / Naturalization).

So, may I know whether it's possible to save the application progress and come back later for the submission for the Passport application?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: First UK Passport Application Questions

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:09 pm

It is a completely different process to ilr and citizenship and different government department.

You can only apply when you are British as you have to enter the Naturalisation certificate number in the form.

If you want to prepare it beforehand, use the paper form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ttcg

Post by ttcg » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:01 pm

I just attended the ceremony today (3rd feb) and how many days should I wait to submit the passport application? Is that ok to submit it 2/3 days later?

Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:07 pm

ttcg wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:01 pm
I just attended the ceremony today (3rd feb) and how many days should I wait to submit the passport application? Is that ok to submit it 2/3 days later?

Thanks.
You can apply today if you got everything ready - you are British - congrats!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ttcg

Post by ttcg » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:22 pm

hello again,

I just submitted a passport application and it's asking me to send documents

Applicant’s documents
Send the following:
  • naturalisation or registration certificate - Yes, i have naturalisation certificate.
  • the passport used to enter the UK- Is it my passport which I used to enter UK more than 10 years ago?
    or the passport which I used in the last entry to UK (which was less than 2 months ago)
  • any current or expired passports from other countries that haven’t been cancelled- Yes, i have my current passport.
I would like to ensure how many passports I need to send. only current one or (current one + 10 years old one).

I got my citizenship via 10 years rule. Is there any other documents I still need to send except the above?

Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:33 pm

ttcg wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:22 pm
hello again,

I just submitted a passport application and it's asking me to send documents

Applicant’s documents
Send the following:
  • naturalisation or registration certificate - Yes, i have naturalisation certificate.
  • the passport used to enter the UK- Is it my passport which I used to enter UK more than 10 years ago?
    or the passport which I used in the last entry to UK (which was less than 2 months ago)
all current and uncancelled passports - a cancelled passport is one that has corners cut, been hole punched and/or rubbert stamped "cancelled".
  • any current or expired passports from other countries that haven’t been cancelled- Yes, i have my current passport.
I would like to ensure how many passports I need to send. only current one or (current one + 10 years old one). as above, uncancelled and current.

I got my citizenship via 10 years rule. not relevant Is there any other documents I still need to send except the above? No.

Thanks.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.