ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch visa within the UK after resignation in ICT tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sukanya
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Minimum salary for Tier 2 general visa for EAM delivery analyst role.

Post by sukanya » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:28 pm

I have been offered a role as EAM delivery analyst . Please let me know what should be the minimum salary for me to get the Tier 2 general visa for this role.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Minimum salary for Tier 2 general visa for EAM delivery analyst role.

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:36 pm

It depends on the SOC the sponsoring company is using. You would have to look through the list yourself for an idea. SOC is not that specific in terms of each and every job title.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sukanya
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sukanya » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:06 pm

Do we have a role based capping while applying for visa sponsorship? As far as I could check the minimum pay should be £30,000 per year. Anything over 30K is fine or role based capping should be followed?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:48 pm

What the salary has to be depends on two things entirely, the SOC and whether the job is shortage occupation (appendix k) or non shortage occupation (appendix j). Non shortage occupation is a minimum of £30k pa salary OR what is stated in the SOC, whichever is HIGHER.

You have provided such vague and limited information it would be impossible for anyone to answer.

There is no such thing as 'role based capping' for a visa!! If rlmt is required, the salary has to be mentioned in the rlmt and your offer should match, ie rlmt can't be £30k and you are offered £45k for example.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sukanya
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Switch visa within the UK after resignation in ICT tier 2

Post by sukanya » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:45 pm

I will be getting a RCoS and general visa within a month. I am currently in as a PBS tier 2 ICT dependent.

At present have visa till May'20, actual plan was that I shall apply for a general visa outside the UK and my husband will stay inside the UK until I am back. After receiving the tier 2 general BRP card, my husband will apply to switch his visa as dependent within the UK.

Now my husband's employer is asking him to get back in March itself since the project is over, in this scenario the whole equation changes.

Could my husband resign the job and stay within the UK until the visa is over?
Even if the employer cancels his CoS by informing the home office, can my husband stay within the UK until the visa is over?

If yes he can stay, idea is to resign and switch the visa before May'20. Please suggest.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switch visa within the UK after resignation in ICT tier 2

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:47 pm

sukanya wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:45 pm
I will be getting a RCoS and general visa within a month. I am currently in as a PBS tier 2 ICT dependent.

At present have visa till May'20, actual plan was that I shall apply for a general visa outside the UK and my husband will stay inside the UK until I am back. After receiving the tier 2 general BRP card, my husband will apply to switch his visa as dependent within the UK.

Now my husband's employer is asking him to get back in March itself since the project is over, in this scenario the whole equation changes.

Could my husband resign the job and stay within the UK until the visa is over?
Even if the employer cancels his CoS by informing the home office, can my husband stay within the UK until the visa is over?

If yes he can stay, idea is to resign and switch the visa before May'20. Please suggest.
yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)

abiuk
Newly Registered

Post by abiuk » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:48 pm
What the salary has to be depends on two things entirely, the SOC and whether the job is shortage occupation (appendix k) or non shortage occupation (appendix j). Non shortage occupation is a minimum of £30k pa salary OR what is stated in the SOC, whichever is HIGHER.

You have provided such vague and limited information it would be impossible for anyone to answer.

There is no such thing as 'role based capping' for a visa!! If rlmt is required, the salary has to be mentioned in the rlmt and your offer should match, ie rlmt can't be £30k and you are offered £45k for example.
What if RLMT just states salary as "COMPETITIVE"?