ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DCF - Spouse Visa

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

FXR_1340
Member of Standing

DCF - Spouse Visa

Post by FXR_1340 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:54 pm

With the continuing mess that is Brexit, my US wife and I have decided to make plans and consider US Immigration. If Brexit doesnt sort itself out then we intend applying around November/December/January.

We will apply via US Embassy in London utilising the Direct Consular Filing process.

Having done some research it seems this is what must be done.

Grateful for any info on this.

Our "Road Map" -

I - 130 Alien Spouse along with

Copy of Marriage Certificate

Proof of US citizenship (ie: Birth Certificate, Passport)

copy of Proof of UK residency (ie: UK BRP Residency Permit)

copy of Divorce papers

G -1145 E Notification

Await Case Number

Apply for Police Certificate

Apply for Medical

Get Vacinations History from my GP

Produce list of former addresses

Send Forms DS-230 part 1 and DS-2001 (from US Govt website) advising Medical Appt has been requested.

Receive Medical Date and attend

Await Interview Date

DS-230 Part II

I - 864 Affadavite of Support for USC
recent tax return, wages slips, proof of employment) Original Birth Certificate AND copies both for myself and US Spouse Original Passports AND copies for both and joint sponsor (if applicable) Original marriage certificate AND copies Original Police certificate AND copies US passport size photo of myself Credit or debit card to pay the Police certificate Vaccination history from GP Passport 

dahlia
Newly Registered

Re: DCF - Spouse Visa

Post by dahlia » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:46 pm

Thank you so much for posting this information! My UK spouse and I are in the same situation so this information has been greatly helpful! I’m a US citizen and want my spouse to join me when we relocate to the states. I’m hoping it’s a quick and not too expensive process but thanks again and best of luck to you both!! Dahlia

FXR_1340
Member of Standing

Post by FXR_1340 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:00 pm

dahlia wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:46 pm
Thank you so much for posting this information! My UK spouse and I are in the same situation so this information has been greatly helpful! I’m a US citizen and want my spouse to join me when we relocate to the states. I’m hoping it’s a quick and not too expensive process but thanks again and best of luck to you both!! Dahlia
Have a look at this link. Most interesting.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/upl ... 191018.pdf

dahlia
Newly Registered

Post by dahlia » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:17 pm

Thanks for the link and information! We're trying to complete the process quickly as the London office will no longer be taking applications past 03/31/2020.
If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for your application to be approved? Also, do you know how long the spouse has to move to the states once the application has been approved? Thanks for your help!

FXR_1340
Member of Standing

Post by FXR_1340 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:53 pm

dahlia wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:17 pm
Thanks for the link and information! We're trying to complete the process quickly as the London office will no longer be taking applications past 03/31/2020.
If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for your application to be approved? Also, do you know how long the spouse has to move to the states once the application has been approved? Thanks for your help!
Hi,

Due to personal circumstances our DCF London application was only submitted on Wednesday February 26 so we still await a response. With regards when can the spouse move, I understand there is a six month window to move. I also understand this can be extended to up to 12 months if there are particular circumstances. Quite what circumstances I am unclear however I would guess they would include the inability to wrap up personal life here in UK eg maybe being unable to sell property. Contact with the US Immigration Service is required during the extension period to make it clear to them that your intention to immigrate remains.

The above understandings have been gleaned from another immigration board.

FXR_1340
Member of Standing

Post by FXR_1340 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:04 pm

I-130/130a and supporting documents were lodged on Feb 26.

Email recived from USCIS on March 05 advising "properly filed". Email also stated ".....processing time is generally 90 days or fewer" from March 05.

Applied for Police Certificate March 01
Police Cert received March 10

Have already sought Innoculations List ftom my GP

Now we await hearing from US Embassy Visa Section in the next 90 days.....hope we hear sooner rather than later

Nicko Shulz
BANNED
Ecuador

Post by Nicko Shulz » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:38 pm

I myself also recently issued a visa to travel to the United States and quite successfully. I’ve been working there for 2 months, I’m also going to transport my spouse there. I hope that soon we will be able to fully live in the USA