ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US SPOUSE VISA FOR UK SPOUSE

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dahlia
Newly Registered

US SPOUSE VISA FOR UK SPOUSE

Post by dahlia » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:25 am

Hi,
I'm a US citizen who initially moved to the UK 2yrs ago under work visa with the military. I then married a UK citizen here and so now I currently have a spouse visa.

Question 1-We are looking into moving back to the US due to job offer so my question is, would I need to move back first and get settled so my husband could apply for his US spouse visa? (He won't be working in the US as he will just retire at that time but he will have savings due to selling property and his pension. I'll be making 60,000 at the job I transfer to in US).

Question 2-We would like to stay together in US while he applies for his spouse visa so could he join me and apply from US or would he have to stay in UK and apply from here? (He obviously doesn't want to sell up everything here in UK just yet until spouse visa is approved).

Thanks so much for any assistance,
Dahlia

FXR_1340
Member of Standing

Re: US SPOUSE VISA FOR UK SPOUSE

Post by FXR_1340 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:07 pm

Hi, if the USC and the UKC are both currently located in UK, I would suggest having a look at the Direct Consular Filing method. Its done via the US Embassy in London. Its apparently much quicker than the "usual" method. Just be aware that the DCF London route is due to close....this year I understand.

Check it out

https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consul ... ling-html/

Good luck.

dahlia
Newly Registered

Post by dahlia » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:37 pm

Apologies, I've just now seen your reply but thank you for the information! I do see that 31/03 is the cutoff date to submit this application so we're quickly taking care of this now.
Would you happen to know how long my spouse has to move to the states after the application is approved? I can't seem to find this information but I'm still looking. Thanks again for your help!

FXR_1340
Member of Standing

Post by FXR_1340 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:10 pm

With regards how long the DCF London process takes, have a look at this link....about half way down the page

https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consul ... ling-html/