ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEW BABY BORN OUTSIDE UK JUST AFTER BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xeroxabcshaikh

NEW BABY BORN OUTSIDE UK JUST AFTER BC

Post by xeroxabcshaikh » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:24 pm

Hi Dear All..

My British citizenship approved on 6th of December 2019 and my ceremony was on 19th December 2019 and got british passport received on 31st December 2019 and my new baby born outside UK on 1st January 2020. My question is that my new born baby is Brtitish citizen or I have to apply his Naturalisation? If british what documents do I need for his new British Passport? Please Guid me Thx

Amber
Mood:

Re: NEW BABY BORN OUTSIDE UK JUST AFTER BC

Post by Amber » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:44 am

You are British otherwise than by descent as you are naturalised. Your child was born after you became British, your child is British by descent as born abroad. You may apply for the child’s British passport.

For documents required see, Overseas British passport applications (click).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.