ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address change after application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Seregwethrin
Newly Registered
Ireland

Address change after application

Post by Seregwethrin » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:52 pm

My correspondence address will change soon, trying to buy a property. This is a slow process though. Might not even happen.

I can apply to citizenship by naturalisation but I am thinking if I should wait or not due to address change.

Also I was thinking would owning a property help with the application because it demonstrates staying in the state long-term, having mortgage etc. Gonna be a many many years until paying the mortgage... I will be an old man :lol:

I am looking for thoughts around if I should apply as early as possible and update my correspondence address later or should I wait?

Thank you

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Address change after application

Post by littlerr » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:00 pm

I bought my property just before I submitted my application. I used the old address in the application because I haven’t moved to the new address.

Once I moved there (which is 2-3 months later) I informed them right away with a bank statement and utility bills showing the new address.

I don’t think it helped my application - they don’t use point-based systems like some other countries do, so this doesn’t give you any extra points whatsoever. It took 9 months for me to be approved.

atc
Newly Registered

Post by atc » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:23 am

I moved a few months after my application. I just sent them an email advising new address and requested that they confirm by email that it had been updated. 2 days later I got the confirmation. I didn't need to provide any further evidence as what was already provided in my initial application was sufficient.

I'm approved since and currently waiting on invitation to March (hopefully).

I would apply asap if you already meet the criteria.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:07 pm

Now they have a form for address change. U can find on inis site. With form just attach new utility bill.
Those days gone when u just send them email. They are getting smarter.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

Seregwethrin
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Seregwethrin » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:14 pm

Thank you for all your replies.
Yeah I saw the address change form.

I guess filling the address form in case of moving to a new address is the best solution at the moment.
Address form says mortgage agreement can be attached as a proof of address letter. That's good.

Cheers

atc
Newly Registered

Post by atc » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:28 pm

I didn't realise the requirements have changed.

One theoretical question though.. If you move house you may not necessarily receive a utility bill for 2 months so what could you do in that situation?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:55 pm

atc wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:28 pm

One theoretical question though.. If you move house you may not necessarily receive a utility bill for 2 months so what could you do in that situation?
No you would have received at least an electricity/gas bill within a few days. In order to close your electricity/gas account on your old address, they would need a final reading from you and request for your new address so that they can send a final bill to that address.

Also you will need to change your address for your bank account. You would bring a landlord letter or mortgage agreement to the branch to change the address. Once it’s changed, you can get either a confirmation from your bank, or you can request for a bank statement online reflecting your new address.

Seregwethrin
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Seregwethrin » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:23 pm

atc wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:28 pm

I guess when you sign up to an energy provider they still send you something in post, welcome pack etc. worst case is you can ring them and ask for something? The energy contract etc?