ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRISH PASSPORT FOR BABY, PARENT IS STAMP 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nanabeltranfab
Newly Registered
Ireland

IRISH PASSPORT FOR BABY, PARENT IS STAMP 4

Post by nanabeltranfab » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:52 am

Hi everyone. Im hoping somebody can help me, I’m going to apply for an Irish passport for my baby that is 4months old, she was born here in Ireland, I am on stamp 4 for 8years now. My question is how long do I have to wait for them to process my childs passport as I’m on stamp4? Because we needed to go home as soon as possible due to family emergency back home. And can you help me aswell what is the summary statement? Its one of the requirement in applying his passport as im not an irish citizen. TIA

usmanch313

Re: IRISH PASSPORT FOR BABY, PARENT IS STAMP 4

Post by usmanch313 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:43 pm

If you Hold stamp 4 more than 3 years and your Chid born in Ireland your child eligible for Irish Passport. You can get appointment online and submitted your paper directly to Department of Foreign affairs (DFA) wont take much time 5 to 6 working days if you applied directly to office.

What base you hold on Stamp 4 ?

nanabeltranfab
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nanabeltranfab » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:46 pm

My parents are irish by naturalisation, I was told that by immigration that my child will be irish citizen. The only thing is how do I make that summary statement? And do you know how long will it take to get the passport if I applied online?

nanabeltranfab
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nanabeltranfab » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:45 am

usmanch313 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:43 pm
If you Hold stamp 4 more than 3 years and your Chid born in Ireland your child eligible for Irish Passport. You can get appointment online and submitted your paper directly to Department of Foreign affairs (DFA) wont take much time 5 to 6 working days if you applied directly to office.

How come it says on their website eventhough I will apply online I still wont get the passport in 20 working days, and should I have a travel ticket to book online?

indiecork
Newly Registered
India

Post by indiecork » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:44 pm

nanabeltranfab wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:45 am
usmanch313 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:43 pm

How come it says on their website eventhough I will apply online I still wont get the passport in 20 working days, and should I have a travel ticket to book online?
You can book online saying your travel date. If travel is within next 10 days and have tickets you can get appointment directly in Passport office but you would need to call them.
You need birth cert, your stamp 4 and other required documents as mentioned below-
https://www.dfa.ie/passports/documentar ... nEUcitizen

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:57 am

I'm doing this right now - it's about a month but I'm using passport express and indicated no rush.

Assuming you have clear documentation of being here legally for 3 years prior to birth you should be fine even if you apply after travel I imagine (though you need at least one passport for the child)