ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement scheme

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ivetalopes

EEA Residence card

Post by ivetalopes » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:32 pm

I have dual citizenship...British and Bulgarian passport. My husband who is a Brazilian national married me 9 years ago through my Bulgarian passport and obtained an EEA permanent residence card.

Last year 2019 we moved to Brazil. Now we want to move back to UK and I don't know if his residence card will still be valid after 31st January.

I am looking for advice and information.

Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: EEA Residence card

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:04 am

Hello

Yes his permanent residence is still valid after Jan 31st. You didn't leave long time ago (less than 2 years) so the permanent residency is not affected at this point.

When you come back to the UK, get him to apply for the Settlement Scheme. He will get Settled normally.

If he doesn't do anything, his card won't be valid beyond Dec 31, 2020

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:48 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:04 am
Hello

Yes his permanent residence is still valid after Jan 31st. You didn't leave long time ago (less than 2 years) so the permanent residency is not affected at this point.

When you come back to the UK, get him to apply for the Settlement Scheme. He will get Settled normally.

If he doesn't do anything, his card won't be valid beyond Dec 31, 2020
I assume, the date depends on deal/no-deal? This is at least how I read gov.uk. Not that 6 months to 30/06/2021 (with deal Brexit) is a significant win, but can be important for someone.

ivetalopes

Post by ivetalopes » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:04 pm

Thank you

WE arrived in Brazil in November 2018. So this year November will be 2 years.

If we happen to travel after November what does he need to do?

ivetalopes

Settlement scheme

Post by ivetalopes » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:58 pm

My husband is a Brazilian nation. He has a Permanent residence card and is married to me through my Bulgarian passport. I also am a British citizen.

He has legally lived here since 2010, continuously without any gaps but in November 2018 we went to Brazil and stayed there for 1.5 years. We are back in UK and he is applying for a settled status through this new Settlement scheme.

They are talking about 5 years continuous living here but would the 1.5 years away from UK be a problem if immediately before that he lived here for 10 years?

Thanks in advance