ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Children ILE Financial Requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

biggiesbass
Newly Registered
South Africa

ILE Activation

Post by biggiesbass » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:31 am

Hello

If my children are granted ILE, do we need to enter the UK within a certain time frame after it is awarded or can they go in anytime after to activate?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILE Activation

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:04 am

What are the start and expiry dates on the Ile?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

biggiesbass
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by biggiesbass » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:26 am

I am still in the process of applying for the ILE. I just assumed there may be a normal time frame like 3 months for activation or something like that?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:47 am

ECB9.6 Indefinite Leave to Enter (ILE) and Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)
Applicants who are granted Indefinite Leave to Enter (ILE) at a visa issuing Post should have no time restrictions on their stay in the UK, that is, they can stay indefinitely. ILE carries the same entitlement as ‘Indefinite Leave to Remain’ (ILR) which is issued by the UK Border Agency to those who have already travelled to the UK. Anyone who has ILE does not have to apply for ILR when in the UK.

Although indefinite leave, by definition, will not expire, the ECO is unable to issue a visa to those who meet the criteria for ILE without putting a ‘validity date’ on the visa. In cases of ILE the ‘validity date’ on the visa should match the expiry date on the passport. When the applicant gets a new passport, they can apply to UK Border Agency for a transfer of conditions into their new passport. They do not need to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

biggiesbass
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by biggiesbass » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:35 am

Oh awesome passport expiry then, thanks Amber

biggiesbass
Newly Registered
South Africa

Children ILE Financial Requirements

Post by biggiesbass » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:53 am

Hello

I am doing both my children's settlement visas in South Africa. Wife and I are both British citizens by descent so the kids will most likely get ILE.

These are the documents I plan to provide as supporting documentation for financial requirements

6 Months Bank Statements downloaded online from FNB
6 Months Payslips from my company's internal HR portal

1) Do I need the official letter from employer?
2) Am I missing anything else?