ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notification post-UKVCAS appointment?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

rdfrcan92
Newly Registered
Canada

Notification post-UKVCAS appointment?

Post by rdfrcan92 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:26 am

Hi All,

I submitted my application for the renewal of my unmarried partner visa on 2 January 2020. I attended a biometrics appointment in-person on 6 January. My current visa expired on the 4 January 2020. For my first application in 2017 I used the super priority service so am not sure how it works to go the regular route!

As of 27 January, I am still able to log into my UKVCAS account and edit/upload/remove my supporting documents. I never received an email or notification of any kind to say that my documents had been submitted by UKVCAS or received by UKVI.

Is it normal to still be able to access all of my scanned and uploaded documents? Should I have received some kind of notification that my documents had been securely passed on to UKVI?

Thank you to all in advance for your insight and assistance.

geoeng
Canada

Re: Notification post-UKVCAS appointment?

Post by geoeng » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:37 pm

I also was able to access the UKVCAS site and had the options to add/edit document well after my biometric appointment when I applied for an extension, so this seems normal. You will not receive any notifications that your application has been received or is being process; likely no contact until you receive a decision letter and/or BRP.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.