ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Approved But Visa expired

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dubman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Citizenship Approved But Visa expired

Post by Dubman » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:32 pm

Hi All,
I am not sure if any of you came across such a issue before.
After a long waiting I received an approval letter this week and asked me to lodge the money with all other stuff including GNIB.

My GNIB will expire on 19th Feb and I can see Citizenship ceremony is going to be hold on 2nd 3rd March. Sill I am unable to manage a visa extension appointment ticket from GNIB. As it is very hard now a days to to manage a ticket for visa extension I can not see I will be able to extend my visa before ceremony.
So can you please advise what should I do, should I let them know by sending a mail about my situation or it is OK if I go to ceremony without current visa extension.

Thanks

sayedsayed
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Approved But Visa expired

Post by sayedsayed » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:47 am

Hi, Can you please share when did you apply and how long did you have to wait for approval please ? and in my opinion you can just submit this GNIB before it expires and it should be fine.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:30 am

Before the ceremony you are not an Irish citizen. You need to have a valid visa until that day.
My sister in Law got her approval last year and she sent off valid GNIB card which was due to expire in 20 days. 3 days before the expiry of GNIB they sent a letter requesting renewal of GNIB card. We got it renewed and sent off and few days later received the invitation.
You can try your luck maybe you don't have to go through this. All the best

Virgo
Ireland

Post by Virgo » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:56 am

Dubman wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:32 pm
Hi All,
After a long waiting I received an approval letter this week and asked me to lodge the money with all other stuff including GNIB.

My GNIB will expire on 19th Feb and I can see Citizenship ceremony is going to be hold on 2nd 3rd March. Sill I am unable to manage a visa extension appointment ticket from GNIB. As it is very hard now a days to to manage a ticket for visa extension I can not see I will be able to extend my visa before ceremony.
So can you please advise what should I do, should I let them know by sending a mail about my situation or it is OK if I go to ceremony without current visa extension.

Thanks
Hi,
You can send your IRP card with bank draft 950 without any hesitation.There wont be any issue at all trust me as you still have the valid IRP card. you should not be worried in regard to this even if you dont get an invite for next ceremoney. I was in the same situation. I got my approval 4 days before my GNIB expired and i didnt bother to get it renewed. once they recieved your IRP with even one day left they will still accept it ,there wont be any issue. So chillax and wait for your ceremoney letter. :-)

mrrobot
Mood:
Ireland

Post by mrrobot » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:01 am

Virgo wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:56 am
Dubman wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks
Hi,
You can send your IRP card with bank draft 950 without any hesitation.There wont be any issue at all trust me as you still have the valid IRP card. you should not be worried in regard to this even if you dont get an invite for next ceremoney. I was in the same situation. I got my approval 4 days before my GNIB expired and i didnt bother to get it renewed. once they recieved your IRP with even one day left they will still accept it ,there wont be any issue. So chillax and wait for your ceremoney letter. :-)
You are not fully correct. It looks like you just go really lucky. Your irp has to be valid on the day of the ceremony. I know multiple people that had their irps expiring couple of weeks (and even days) before the ceremony, and they were all asked to renew them.

Dubman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dubman » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:57 pm

Thanks for all your participation on comments. I am still looking for a ticket in GNIB to renew my visa. Till today I haven't received anything yet. I hope citizenship dept will start to send invitation letter from this week.
By the way, I havent found such a law that it needs to be valid in the day of Ceremony. It is not written anywhere.
Finger crossed 🤞 at this moment.

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:59 pm

Dubman wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:57 pm
Thanks for all your participation on comments. I am still looking for a ticket in GNIB to renew my visa. Till today I haven't received anything yet. I hope citizenship dept will start to send invitation letter from this week.
By the way, I havent found such a law that it needs to be valid in the day of Ceremony. It is not written anywhere.
Guessing you’re Dublin-based Dub-man inferring from your name and the need for a ticket.

There is a separate line to speak to a ‘supervisor’. You can join that line by showing up and when asked, show them the letter and say you’d like to speak with a supervisor / join that que. You’ll get a number and have it sorted.

Hope it helps.

Needless to say you want to que early on in the am. :)

Virgo
Ireland

Post by Virgo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:07 am

mrrobot wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:01 am
Virgo wrote:
Dubman wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks
Hi,
You are not fully correct. It looks like you just go really lucky. Your irp has to be valid on the day of the ceremony. I know multiple people that had their irps expiring couple of weeks (and even days) before the ceremony, and they were all asked to renew them.
I dont know if i am fully correct or not but if once ur application has approved and minister intends to grant you citizenship it means they have checked all your existing documents. They have requested you a bank draft,photos and IRP. If they really want ur irp with minimum expiry date on it they must have mentioned on your approval letter. I am not the only one i have seen many people who were in the same situation as i was. But If any one wants to renew the irp its up to the individual.

mrrobot
Mood:
Ireland

Post by mrrobot » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:17 am

Virgo wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:07 am
mrrobot wrote:
Virgo wrote:
Dubman wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks
Hi,
I dont know if i am fully correct or not but if once ur application has approved and minister intends to grant you citizenship it means they have checked all your existing documents. They have requested you a bank draft,photos and IRP. If they really want ur irp with minimum expiry date on it they must have mentioned on your approval letter. I am not the only one i have seen many people who were in the same situation as i was. But If any one wants to renew the irp its up to the individual.
The approval letter clearly states that the irp has to be valid on a day of the ceremony

Virgo
Ireland

Post by Virgo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:23 am

mrrobot wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:17 am
Virgo wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:07 am
mrrobot wrote:
Virgo wrote:

Hi,
The approval letter clearly states that the irp has to be valid on a day of the ceremony
Probabaly its a new thing but when i got mine approval letter back in 2013 they never asked me for such a thing. BTW few of my firend friends they were in the same situation but they never asked for that. I still have the email when i asked them should i renew it or send it as it is. They replied taht i am booked for the next ceremoney :-).

Dubman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dubman » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:59 pm

Hi All,
Thanks for your comment. I went to the GNIB in the evening time but they all asked for appointment ticket, without the ticket they don't want to talk to me. All they need is ticket.
One of you mentioned in above comment that GNIB validity is mandatory and its written but it also says if it is applicable.
Although I am still looking to find an appointment that If I get one I will book for sure.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:04 pm

Dubman wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:57 pm
You are right. Such a law does not exist.

However a person could be detained, arrested and or removed from the state on or before their ceremony and there is nothing that prevent the minister from doing that to a person unlawfully in the state awaiting citizenship ceremony
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Dubman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dubman » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:08 am

Hi All,
So finally, I was able to secure an appointment yesterday and extended my visa. It was very challenging to get a ticket. But yesterday immigration released some tickets and I grabbed one.
I scanned my visa passport page and sent to Citizenship dept and this morning they acknowledged the correspondence.
Looks like it's all OK now.

Issagenius
Ireland

Post by Issagenius » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:59 pm

Dubman wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks
I think am on the same boat here now, got approved today but my IRP Card expiring on the 23rd February.

Issagenius
Ireland

Post by Issagenius » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:28 pm

I have emailed them and within seconds i got below reply back.

Thank you for your email. You are required to have your permission to
remain in date on the day of the Ceremony. You should contact your local
immigration officer to see will they input a stamp on your passport to
cover you to the date of the ceremonies and if they will then forward a
copy of the stamp to this office in order for you to be considered for
inclusion at the Ceremonies on 02 and 03 March 2020.

Dubman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dubman » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:04 am

Hi Issagenious,
Yes, I also emailed my visa details. But what email address you used, is it the same contact details of Citizenship Dept or something else.
Thanks

Issagenius
Ireland

Post by Issagenius » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:58 pm

I emailed the general citizenship department contact on their website.

I just got my passport stamped today, so am gonna email them and post a copy of the same tomorrow.