ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

could my status be revoked because of my marriage history

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Abdul 1985
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

could my status be revoked because of my marriage history

Post by Abdul 1985 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:13 pm

Hi,

I came to the UK in 2001 with a student visa.

I met my first wife in 2002 and married her in the same year.

In 2004, I obtained my IRL.

my first marriage ended in 2006.

I met a new girl and begin living with her since 2011.

I married her in January 2019 and at the time, she has been in the UK for 9 years, lawfully.

She (my second wife) got the IRL in the following few months as she been in the UK for 9 years, only needed a few more months to complete her 10 years lawfully resistance.

My relationship with my second wife ended a few months after she obtained her IRL.

I met a new girl in December 2019 we got married in the same month in the USA.

Ever since we have decided to submit an application to HO so she can be able to live with me in the UK

Now my question is, given my marriage history (my last two marriages happened almost back to back) could that causes any problem? could it raise some sort of red flag to HO?

thank you for your help.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: could my status be revoked because of my marriage history

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:58 pm

Hello

I think the Home Office would evaluate your application as any other application and would test if this marriage is genuine or not.

3 marriages in 19 years, it's not bad from a social point of view. But systematically, there is an immigration benefit either for you for the other party.

You can't predict how the Home Office would consider a specific situation. But if you have a genuine relationship with that new person and you are in position to demonstrate it, there is nothing to worry about.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:14 pm

I met a new girl in December 2019 we got married in the same month in the USA.
This would certainly raise concerns having met and married in the same month and could very well be considered a marriage of convenience for immigration purposes only.

As you married previously in January 2019, what date did you get your final divorce decree absolute??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Abdul 1985
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Abdul 1985 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:47 pm

My second marriage was ended in October as we were split up in August. I don't have any objective evidence to prove why our relationship ended: it was a lot of emotional turbulent. But the divorce papers are finalised.

The person I married in the USA was actually my friend. We know each other for about 8 years. We were very close, even romantic to some extent, but never intimate. We have visited each other many times, both in the UK and USA. The reason I actually visite the USA was to visit her as we made plans prior. She knew a lot about my relationship break downs. Once I got there everything clicked: as if we wanted to be together all along.

But I'm worried that two of my marriages has been so close to one and another, it could cause some suspicion

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:29 pm

Abdul 1985 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:47 pm
My second marriage was ended in October
Just to clarify, that is the date of the decree absolute, correct?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:44 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:29 pm
Abdul 1985 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:47 pm
My second marriage was ended in October
Just to clarify, that is the date of the decree absolute, correct?
In addition to secret.simon's question above, something doesn't add up on several counts. :?
1. You say that you married in January 2019 and divorced in October 2019. Under British law you are unable to divorce if you haven't been married for at least 12 months
2. If you divorced in October 2019 and remarried in December 2019, how were you able to obtain a divorce decree absolute when it takes several weeks for the judge to issue the initial divorce decree, after which the legal requirement is for a period of 43 days (6 weeks and 1 day) to pass before the decree absolute can be granted.
3. Under what grounds did you divorce? Who submitted the divorce petition, yourself or your wife?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:41 pm

1. You say that you married in January 2019 and divorced in October 2019. Under British law you are unable to divorce if you haven't been married for at least 12 months
Possibly under a different jurisdiction where people can marry or divorce on the spot such as Vegas or similar.