ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification on current visa/leave to remain start date - Tier 2 Extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

acdindian
India

Post by acdindian » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:08 pm

Hi All.

Hope you had a good weekend. I had a quick question please - On the online application to extend tier 2 general visa, there is a question on What is the start date of your current visa or leave to remain? - Should I use the Valid from date on the Entry clearance (visa pasted on passport before arriving in the UK) or should I use the BRP valid from date, please. The BRP valid from date is 1 week before the valid from date on the Entry clearance (pasted on the the passport).

Thank you in advance.

acdindian
India

Post by acdindian » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:06 pm

Dear All

Request if you could please provide inputs since I need to submit the form soon.

Thank you in advance for the inputs.

acdindian
India

Urgent help please: Clarification on current visa/leave to remain start date - Tier 2 Extension

Post by acdindian » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:39 pm

Dear Team,

Request if you could please help clarify since I need to submit the application at the earliest.

Apologies for the repeated requests.

Thanks a lot for the input on advance.

charli
Mood:

Re: Clarification on current visa/leave to remain start date - Tier 2 Extension

Post by charli » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:42 am

acdindian wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:08 pm
Hi All.

Hope you had a good weekend. I had a quick question please - On the online application to extend tier 2 general visa, there is a question on What is the start date of your current visa or leave to remain? - Should I use the Valid from date on the Entry clearance (visa pasted on passport before arriving in the UK) or should I use the BRP valid from date, please. The BRP valid from date is 1 week before the valid from date on the Entry clearance (pasted on the the passport).

Thank you in advance.
As far as I'm aware, we need to provide a date from the current BRP card but again I'm not an immigration expert/solicitor. This is my own understanding.
I submitted Tier 2 PBS Dependent Extension application last week and I provided the date from the BRP card. I can post you the outcome as soon as I get one.

charli
Mood:

Post by charli » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:11 am

charli wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:42 am
acdindian wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:08 pm
Hi All.

Thank you in advance.
As far as I'm aware, we need to provide a date from the current BRP card but again I'm not an immigration expert/solicitor. This is my own understanding.
I submitted Tier 2 PBS Dependent Extension application last week and I provided the date from the BRP card. I can post you the outcome as soon as I get one.
I received the approval letter and the BRP yesterday. So as I mentioned earlier I provided the date on the BRP.

acdindian
India

Post by acdindian » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:43 am

@charli thanks so much for the update.

Really appreciated.

Can you please let me know the final list of documents that you uploaded on the site.

Regards.

charli
Mood:

Post by charli » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:06 pm

acdindian wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:43 am
@charli thanks so much for the update.

Really appreciated.

Can you please let me know the final list of documents that you uploaded on the site.

Regards.
Documents that I used are:
1.Application
2.Appointment Confirmation
3.Documents Checklist
4.Passport_New
5.Passport_Old (my old visa was issued on this passport)
6.BRP_Current
7.Visa_Old
8.Marriage Certificate (optional)
9.Council Tax_Re-Issued on 3rd Jan 2020
10.Bank Statements_1st Oct 2019 to 30th Dec 2019