ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa issued but too late (valid from april)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nish_patel7

Visa issued but too late (valid from april)

Post by nish_patel7 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:25 am

Hello,

My mother has been issued a visitor visa today but we intended to visit asap but home office has issued the visa vaild from April 20th, 2020. She is in India and has applied from Mumbai. How do we contact home office now to correct the error? Please your advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Visa issued but too late (valid from april)

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:53 am

nish_patel7 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:25 am
Hello,

My mother has been issued a visitor visa today but we intended to visit asap but home office has issued the visa vaild from April 20th, 2020. She is in India and has applied from Mumbai. How do we contact home office now to correct the error? Please your advice is much appreciated.

Thanks
Error? In the application when did you indicate that you wanted her to travel to UK because normally you state this In application n which is made

nish_patel7

Post by nish_patel7 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:34 pm

I mentioned my intended date and also mentioned in cover letter that I would like to travel as soon as possible.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:27 pm

nish_patel7 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:34 pm
I mentioned my intended date and also mentioned in cover letter that I would like to travel as soon as possible.
What intended date of travel did you state in the form??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nish_patel7

Post by nish_patel7 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:51 pm

We actually filled the form in November and due to some personal circumstances it got delayed. But then we mentioned it in the sponsor letter clearly that, though it was delayed but she planning to travel asap after the visa will be arrived.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:55 pm

Well someone must have stated a date of April. Ho don't just issue visas for a future date unless it was asked for in the form.

You seem to be avoiding the question of what intended date was out in the form (not a letter)!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nish_patel7

Post by nish_patel7 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:44 pm

In form on page 2
Date you plan to arrive in Uk - 7 nov.19

and on page 6
Date you will arrive at this address - 7 nov.19

This is what we written in the form and as you cant change the form once its filled so we were not able to change the date and that is what we mentioned in the letter

"Please note that we were intending to apply for the visa application of Mrs.x in November 2019, but due to some personal circumstances it has been delayed. So there are some changes in terms of her travel plans, She will now be travelling as soon as her visa is granted"