ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Dependant ILR application queries & docs list

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

O_Relly

Degree taught in English. Lists NARIC certificate as mandatory

Post by O_Relly » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:08 pm

Hi all,

Notes:
1. I am a naturalised British Citizen through Tier 1 General route.
2. My wife is now applying for her ILR as Tier 1 General dependant.
3. She used to have a Tier 1 General independent visa on her own and has used her Master's degree that was taught in English via the Points Based calculator for proof of English language for her earlier visa applications.
4. Now that the PBS calculator is no longer available, she sat the Trinity college B1 English test and has the pass certificate.
5. She doesn't have a UK NARIC certificate for her Master's degree.

Question:
Now when filling up her ILR application online, it asks if she
has a degree taught in English.

The answer is yes.

But if we answer yes, then it lists the NARIC certificate as mandatory.

When we state degree was not taught in English, then it doesn't ask for the NARIC certificate and accepts her English B1 test certificate.

I feel, we should state the degree was taught in English and add the detail in a cover letter when submitting documentation.

Would appreciate if anybody been in a similar situation and overcame it can share details?

Please advise.

Cheers,
OR
Cheers,
OR

zimba
Mood:

Re: Degree taught in English. Lists NARIC certificate as mandatory

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:25 pm

DO NOT choose that you have a degree thought in English.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

O_Relly

Re: Degree taught in English. Lists NARIC certificate as mandatory

Post by O_Relly » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:42 am

Noted. Thanks Zimba.
Cheers,
OR

O_Relly

Tier 1 General Dependant ILR application queries & docs list

Post by O_Relly » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:42 pm

Hello,

Notes:
* I am a naturalised British citizen via the Tier 1 General Route.
* My wife is now applying for her ILR after completion of 5 years as my dependant.

Document Set:

* Her Passport (Applicant)
* Her Biometric Resident Permit
* My current British Passport

* B1 English Pass Certificate
* Life In the UK (LIUK) Pass Certificate

Other Supporting Documents:
* My consent form duly signed by me
* Marriage Certificate
* EDF (Electricity) statements with both our names for the last 3 years.
* Council Tax bill for 2019 is missing. 5 years from 2018 and prior is available. Considering requesting bill for 2019 again. (Is this really required? given EDF bills for 3 years are available ?)

* Her Bank statements for last 3 months (Although not required as maintenance funds are not a requirement for ILR ? )

Questions:

When filling up the application form, the documents section check-list had the below as mandatory and other documents:

Mandatory: Passport

Other:
* B1 Language Certificate
* Declaration signed by <Me> to confirm consent for the HO to request verification checks
* Consent form for the HO to request verification checks on <Me> for joint accounts or third party support

* All previous passports, travel documents or national ID cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK
* Current Biometric Residence Permit for <Her>
* Evidence of <her> immigration status in the UK

Question 1:
Highlighted in yellow are the same document listed twice under two similar descriptions.
* Declaration and Consent form from me.
* BRP and Evidence of Immigration Status

Am I correct in this understanding? So it is enough if we only submit my consent form and the her BRP.

Question 2:
* Planning to apply using Super Priority Service, so hoping to have same day decision and up to a week for ILR BRP card to arrive.
* Once we have this, the plan is to submit an application to naturalise as a British citizen as she qualifies per below:
a) Is married to a British Citizen
b) Has lived in the UK for 3 years
c) Has Indefinite Leave to Remain
Am I correct in my understanding that is acceptable?

Please comment. Your valuable insight and experience is much appreciated.

Best regards,
OR
Cheers,
OR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 General Dependant ILR application queries & docs list

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:50 am

You also need 2 years evidence of cohabitation in both names from 3 to 6 sources, spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months.

You do NOT need 90 days bank statements. Do not submit unnecessary documents.

Please ask you British citizenship question in the British citizenship sub forum. These queries are not relevant to an ilr topic or the ilr sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:30 pm

You also need 2 years evidence of cohabitation in both names from 3 to 6 sources, spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months.
CR001 - With due respect, can you provide a reference to a document with this requirement? I am unable to find this despite searching through the ILR guideline document and the PBS guidelines Appendix W.

Is it hidden away somewhere else?

Noted about the citizenship query. Will do.

Can you (or someone else who has experience on this) comment on Question1 about the text highlighted in yellow, please?
Cheers,
OR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:49 pm

You are required, as the immigration rules state,to prove a subsisting relationship. This is evidence of cohabitation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:49 pm
You are required, as the immigration rules state,to prove a subsisting relationship. This is evidence of cohabitation.
Can you provide a document reference to this specific immigration rule, please? I am unable to find a reference to this.
Cheers,
OR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:30 pm

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
319E. Requirements for indefinite leave to remain
To qualify for indefinite leave to remain as the Partner of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant or Appendix W Worker, an applicant must meet the requirements listed below. If the applicant meets these requirements, indefinite leave to remain will be granted. If the applicant does not meet these requirements, the application will be refused.

Requirements:
(a) The applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal, and must not be an illegal entrant.
(b) The applicant must be the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a person who:
(i) has indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant or Appendix W Worker; or
(ii) is, at the same time being granted indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant or Appendix W Worker, or
(iii) has become a British Citizen where prior to that they held indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant or Appendix W Worker.
(c) The applicant must have, or have last been granted, leave as the partner of the Relevant Points Based System Migrant or Appendix W Worker who:
(i) has indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant or Appendix W Worker; or
(ii) is, at the same time being granted indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant or Appendix W Worker, or
(iii) has become a British Citizen where prior to that they held indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant or Appendix W Worker.
(d) The applicant and the Relevant Points Based System Migrant or Appendix W Worker must have been living together in the UK in a marriage or civil partnership, or in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership, for at least the applicable specified period in either (i) or (ii), subject to (iii):
(i) If the applicant was granted leave as:
(a) the Partner of that Relevant Points Based System Migran
Char (CR001 not Casa)

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:41 pm

319E(d) that you have highlighted does not state, that you require subsistence evidence from 3 to 6 sources. Neither does it state the period of 2 or 3 years.

In my original post, I did state, I am going to provide EDF (electricity) bills for the last 3 years. I can also organise 5 years from council tax bills, but I will have to request statement for 2019 and wait a week.

My question was exactly this if council tax bills were really required given I already have the EDF bills for 3 years.

You stated in an earlier response:

My specific query about the document reference was about this 3 to 6 sources?
Cheers,
OR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:59 pm

Feel free to ignore the advice.

How you prove subsisting relationship is proof of cohabitation since the last visa was granted or two years from more than one source. We all know you can add anyone to a utility bill even if they don't live with you. Ho wants to be sure you are in a genuine subsisting relationship and it is up to the applicant to prove this.

If you don't submit it, as a few others have discovered, it delays their application as ho will ask for it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:57 pm

I understand the principle. There is a difference in the HO asking for 3 to 6 sources vs the applicant providing it to make a strong application.

Anybody on the below:
Other documents:
* B1 Language Certificate
* Declaration signed by <Me> to confirm consent for the HO to request verification checks
* Consent form for the HO to request verification checks on <Me> for joint accounts or third party support

* All previous passports, travel documents or national ID cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK
* Current Biometric Residence Permit for <Her>
* Evidence of <her> immigration status in the UK

Question 1:
Highlighted in yellow are the same document listed twice under two similar descriptions.

* Declaration and Consent form from me.
* BRP and Evidence of Immigration Status

Am I correct in this understanding? So it is enough if we only submit my consent form and her BRP.
Cheers,
OR

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:35 pm

Bumping this thread up:

At the last stage of booking the ILR application, the document requirements state the below two documents which are very similar:

* Declaration signed by <Name of the partner whose name is on the utility bill> to confirm consent for the HO to request verification checks
* Consent form for the HO to request verification checks on <Name of the partner whose name is on the utility bill> for joint accounts or third party support

There is a 'Part 2 of Consent form' that I have printed and signed. There is no Declaration document.

Is this different from the Consent form? Where can I download this?
Cheers,
OR

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:27 pm

The form has 3 parts. You need sign and scan part 1 and 2
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:10 pm

Thanks Zimba. That is correct. Part 1 is by the applicant (my wife). Part 2 is me (the joint applicant in the utility bill). Part 3 is invalid as no one else is sponsoring her.

She is employed and has finances to show on her own although that is not a requirement for ILR.

That Part 2 of the document is called a consent form. I am going to submit that document. The document list asks for another one called a declaration, which is why I was getting confused.

My reading is, it is one and the same document, which is Part1 and Part 2 of the consent forms.

Thank you.
Cheers,
OR

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:35 am

There are no other forms. It's part 1 and 2

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:54 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:35 am
There are no other forms. It's part 1 and 2
Thanks for the reassurance.
Cheers,
OR

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:36 pm

Thanks for the responses on this thread.

Just an update to state that ILR was granted last Friday the 28th Feb within 3 hours of providing biometrics and photograph taken at a Sopra Steria appointment.

The document set uploaded online were the same as listed in comment#4. For cohabitation, only EDF Energy bills and Council Tax bills that covered a period of 2 years were submitted.
Cheers,
OR