ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

snooky

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Post by snooky » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:09 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:23 am
Hadjer123 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:43 pm
Hi Guys sorry if I disappeared I h e been busy revising for exams I took last two weeks .

Now I want to share the judge letter and respond for my case as well as well full submission , but I could t at tech a file here .

Any idea how I could I do that ? Thank you
hi,
can you remove you personal details and copy paste plz.
thanks
You’re right, you can't atttach documents. I tried last year and just comes up with error message

snooky

Post by snooky » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:14 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:13 pm
snooky wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:34 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:22 pm
Me and my wife had biomatric on 16th jan for drv card application. Wife got coa on 21 jan mine still not arrived. Is it normal or should they come together.
Mubashir my friend

Good to here your partner got COA and you waiting for Yours. Take your time it shall be in. You have made good progress. Within 6 months of posting your Zambrano, you’re gonna get a decision. From the date on your wifes COA, just count 3 months and your decision will be with you.

Good man and tnx for trusting all on this board
Thanks snooky. I think u should also be making complaint to homeoffice about ur settle staus application. Urs i think is now more than 7 monts. Why did u stop chasing? I know u got ur drv card but still u should complain to give hard time ti homeoffice like they give us.😜

Mubashir

I will bruv, remember they wrote to before xmas buying more time. Moreover my DRV card still confirms my right, and no matter what comes they will bring my settled status.

Anyway as you have advice, I will complain and update you asap

snooky

Post by snooky » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:22 am

IST wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:57 pm
HI all

I made application for DRV last week and today HO tried to collect £65 from my account but was declined as my account was frozen by mistake.

Will HO try again to collect the money or they will write to me
Is any contact number to call the DRV department?

Many Thanks
IST

The Home is looking for every opportunity to reject and refuse cases. Most peoples application has been returned due to insufficient funds.

I believe your documents are in the post back to you for re-representation because it takes about 2-3 days for you to know activities on your bank accounts.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:26 am

HI everyone I have copy paste snooky appeal submission any question plz ask snooky.

Appeal No. /2019
IN THE FIRST-TIER TRIBUNAL (IMMIGRATION AND ASYLUM CHAMBER)

BETWEEN
MR EEA FAMILY MEMBER
Appellants
THE SECRETARY OF STATE FOR THE HOME DEPARTMENT
Respondent

SKELETON ARGUMENT OF THE APPELLANTSI

1. This skeleton argument is in support of this appeal against the decision of the Secretary of State for the Home Department ("the Respondent") dated 10 June 2019 to refuse the Appellants' applications for derivative residence cards through the Zambrano route.
Accordingly this skeleton argument will refer to MR EEA as "the Appellants"
2. MR EEA has for many years suffered with stress due to Home Office delay.
Facts
1 References to the Appellants' and Respondent's bundles are in the format [A/ 1] and [R/ l] respectively
4. The Appellants are a married couple. Mr EEA is an African ([R/202]) and was born on September 1974. He is married to Ms EU . Ms EU is also an African national ([R/201]) and was born on June 1974. They have four children:
a. MT who is a African national and was born on July 2001 [R/207]; b Ms PT who is a British national and was born on March 2003. Her passport is currently being renewed.
c. MK, who is a British national and was born on August 2005. See [R/ 199] for his British passport.
d. TA, who is an African national and was born on the July 2010. See [R/206] for his birth certificate, and [R/204] for his foreign passport .
5 The Appellants applied for derivative residence cards on 17 February 2019 [R/ 196] on the basis of their status as primary carers for their two EEA-national children through the Zambrano route.
6 By letter dated 10 June 2019 the Respondent refused the Appellants' application (R/208-12). No issue in that refusal was taken as to the Appellants' status as parents and primary carers of their EEA-national children. The Respondent did not address the relevant case-law and Regulations at all. Instead, the sole reason given for the refusal of their application was as follows:

'You have made no attempt to regularise your stay in the UK through an application made under the UK 's domestic immigration law
The Zambrano route
7. The Court of Justice of the European Union ("CJEU") considered in Ruiz Zambrano v Office national de I 'emploi (C-34 09) 8 March 2011 the effect of EU citizenship as established by Article 20 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union in circumstances, such as these, where non-EEA national parents are the primary carers of EEA national children. From paragraph [42], the CJEU set out that a refusal to grant a right of residence to a third country national with dependent EU citizen minor
children would deprive those children of the genuine enjoyment of their right of citizenship. The Court said:
"[42] [... ] Article 20 TFEUprecludes,national measures which have the effect o de rivin citizens o the Union o the enuine eWo mento the substance o the rights couferred by virtue Qftheir status as citizens Qfthe Union (see, to that effect, Rottmann, paragraph 42).
[43] A refusal to grant a right of residence to a third counüy national with de endent minor children in the Member State where those children are nationals and reside. and also a refusal to grant such a person a work permit, has such an effect.
[44] It must be assumed that such a refusal would lead to a situation where those children. citizens qf the Union. would have to leave the territory of the Union in order to accompany their parents. L...] In those circumstances, those citizens of the Union would, in fact, be unable to exercise the substance of the rights conferred on them by virtue of their status as citizens of the Union. [45] Accordingly, the answer to the questions referred is that Article 20 TFEU is to be interpreted as meaning that it precludes a Member State from refusing a third country national upon whom his minor children, who are European Union citizens, are dependent, a right of residence in the Member State ofresidence and nationality of those children, andfrom refusing to grant a workpermit to that third country national, in sofar as such decisions deprive those children ofthe genuine enjoyment ofthe substance ofthe rights attaching to the status ofEuropean Union citizen.
8. Amendments to the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 ("the Regulations") put the decision in Zambrano on a legislative footing in domestic law. Section ISA, 'Derived rights of residence' of the Regulations provides:
(1) A person ('P ) who is not [an exempt person] and who satisfies that criteria in paragraph (2), (3), [(4A)] or (5) of this regulation is entitled to a derivative right to reside in the United Kingdom for as long as P satisfies the relevant criteria.
(4A) P satisfies the criteria in this paragraph if-
(a) P is the primary carer Qfa British citizen ('the relevant British citizen '); (b) the relevant British citizen is residing in the United Kingdom; and (c) the relevant British citizen would be unable to reside in the UK or in another EEA State ifP were required to leave.
9. In considering the scope of the Zambrano route, the CJEU and domestic courts have stressed a distinction between "choice" and "compulsion". It is not sufficient that if an appellant were refused a right of residence the EU citizen would choose to leave the territory of the EU; it is required that they would be compelled to leave the EU if the non-EU citizen so left. For example, in Dereci and Others v Bundesministeriumfiir Inneres (C-256 Il) 15 November 2011 the CJEU held at [67]:
The mere fact that it might appear desirable to a national ofa Member State, for economic reasons or in order to keep hisfamily together in the territory of the Union, for the members ofhisfamily who do not have the nationality ofa Member State to be able to reside with him in the territory of the Union, is not sufficient in itselfto support the view that the Union citizen will beforced to leave the Union, ifsuch a right is not granted. '
10. This distinction was particularly relevant in Dereci because in that case, unlike in Zambrano, one parent of the EU citizen children was an EU citizen herself.
Accordingly it would have been an exercise of choice to keep the family together by leaving the territory of the EU. Clearly that is not the case as regards the Appellants:
they are both African nationals without leave to remain in the United Kingdom.
11. The Court of Appeal considered recently derived routes of residence through the Zambrano route in Patel v Secretary ofState for the Home Department [2017] EWCA
Civ 2028 in light of the decision of the CJEU in Chavez-Vilchez v Raad van Bestuur van de Sociale Verbekeringsbank and others (C-113 15) 10 May 2017. In his consideration of Chavez-Vilchez, Irwin LJ said as follows:
'The Court confirmed that the relevant question was whether the children would, in practice. be compelled to leave the EU if their mothers were obliged to leave the territory of the EU (paragraph 65). That is a question offact in each case, and the Court touched on a number ofj&tctors relevant to that question:
"68. In that regard, it must be recalled that, in the judgment Q/ 6
December 2012, O and ()/hers (C-35611 and C-357, 11,
776, paragraphs 51 and 56), the Court held thatfactors of relevance, for the purposes ofdetermining whether a refusal to grant a right Q/residence to a third-country' national parent ofa child who is a
Union citizen means that that child is deprived of the genuine eujoyment Q/ the substance of the rights conferred on him by that status, include the question o/'who has custody of the child and whether that child is legally, financially or emotionally dependent on the third-countr.y: national parent.
69. As regards the secondfactor, the Court has stated that it is the relationship (21dependency between the Union citizen who is a minor and the third country national who is re_fused a right ofresidence that is liable lojeopardise the effectiveness of Union citizenship, since it is that dependency that M'ould lead to the Union citizen being obliged, in practice, to leave not only the territory Q/ the Member State Q/which he is a national but also that ofthe European Union as a whole, as a consequence Q/such a refusal T...]
70. In this case, in order to assess the risk that a particular child, M'/IO is a Union citizen, might be compelled io lecn•e the territory of the European Union and thereby be deprived Q/ the genuine enjoyment of the substance of the rights conferred on him by Article 20 TFEU if the child's third-country national parent were to be rejilsed a right of residence in the Member Slate concerned, it is important to determine. in each case at issue in the main proceedings. which parent is the rima ' carero the child and whether there is in åct a relationshi o dependency between the child and the third-countrv national parent. As part ofthat assessment, the competent authorities must take account of the right to respectforfamily life, as stated in Article 7 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights Qflhe European Union, that article
requiring to be read in conjunction with the obligation to take info consideration the best interests Qfthe child, recognised in Article 24(2) of that charter.
12. The reasoning of the Respondent's decision letter is so bare that it requires some extrapolation. In Patel Irwin LJ said at [76] the following in respect of non-British nationals who marry British nationals and have children:
'Quite a number "years ago, Parliament chose to abrogate the historic approach that marriage io a Brüish citizen would bring, in effect automatically, residence in Britainfor the spouse. No such automatic consequence now follows, see s. 6(2) Qi'/he British Nationa/üy Act
198] and s.2 QIfhe Nationality, Immigration and Asvlum Aci 2002 . Those who marry a British citizen and have children, without having (or acquiring) leave to remain, do so at the risk that they may be compelled to leave the country', facing the real quandary ihai arisesfor these families. The Zambrano principle cannot be regarded as a back-door route to residence by such nonEU citizen parents.
13. Clearly, that is not the case in respect of many of seek to vindicate their EU citizenship rights by way of the Zambrano route (including the Appellants).
Nonetheless the Respondent issued on 2 May 2019, i.e. some months after the date of the Appellants' application, a policy entitled 'Free movement rights: derivative rights of residence' v.5 ("the Policy"'). This Guidance sets out at p.52 that, in respect of every Zambrano application:
"In the case of [Patel] the Court ofAppeal ruled that someone holding leave to remain under domestic law would not benefitfrom a derivative right to reside. The Court also ruled that Zambrano is not a back-door route to residence for those who have a British citizen child without having or acquiring leave to remain.
This means that a Zambrano application must be refused if the applicant: Has never made an application under Appendix FM to the
Immigration Rules or any other Article 8 ECHR claim, where that avenue is available '
Submissions
14. The refusal of the Appellants' application for derivative residence cards is contrary to the Regulations. They plainly satisfy the following criteria under paragraph 4A of section 15A of those Regulations:
a. The Appellants are the primary carers of their British citizen children, who are 16 and 14 years old. See, by way of example, [5] of Mr EEA witness statement.
b. Their British citizen children reside in the UK. See, by way of example, BT's confirmation of school attendance at [A/23].
c. Their British citizen children would be "unable to reside in the UK or another EEA State if[the Appellants] were required to leave. " Any suggestion that these children would remain in the UK without their parents is fanciful.
15. Any preference on the part of the Respondent for an Appellant to apply by a different route first is irrelevant. Section 15A of the Regulations contains no proviso that a human rights application (e.g. by way of Appendix FM) be made before an application under the Zambrano route.
16. The Court is bound to consider the best interests of the family's children, whether by operation of section 55 of the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act 2009 or the citation of Chavez-Vilchez cited above at [11]. This strongly militates in favour of a grant of derivative residence to their parents.
17. Further, it is by no means certain that an application under Appendix FM could be made, or would succeed. There are clear practical obstacles in the making of an application as set out in [17-8] of Mr EEA's witness statement. Even if such an application were to be made, it is entirely uncertain that it would be granted by the Respondent.
18. In any event, the change to the Policy is at odds with the judgment in Patel itself. At [42], Irwin LJ considered the Secretary of State' s submission which emphasised that an appellant in Patel had never made an application for leave to remain in the UK on family life grounds. The Court' s response was unequivocal
"Ipause to remark that such an application might well be open to him. We have seen material in the course of the case which niight well be relevant to such an application, although it cannot bear upon the decision we must take.
19. It follows that the application of the Policy in this case is not contrary just to Zambrano and the Regulations. It is contrary to the case which inspired it
Conclusion
20. The Court is respectfully invited to allow the appeal.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:30 am

Hadjer123 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:43 pm
Hi Guys sorry if I disappeared I h e been busy revising for exams I took last two weeks .

Now I want to share the judge letter and respond for my case as well as well full submission , but I could t at tech a file here .

Any idea how I could I do that ? Thank you
Hadjer123 can you please copy your submission and past to form please same as I did snooky appeal submission.

Thanks

snooky

Post by snooky » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:32 am

Melislyashley wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:56 am
Hi Everyone l just wanted to inform you that anyone who has been granted settled status can now apply for their physical BRP. I just did. It's free however you need to pay for the UK CAS appointment. New biometrics are mandatory for this. It's very straight forward. Happy to answer your questions and point you to the application link.

Good luck
Melislyashley

Thanks for the update.

It is obviouse that Home Office want to still make some pennies from eu citizens in the UK. By confirming your right electronically, they actually know stakeholders want physical proof so this brings anxiety for you so then you have to apply for a BRP Card. Some Parliamentarians are puttting Home Office under pressure to issue everyone a physical identity so that it wouldnt be another WINDRUSH.

Zambrano_ombudsman
BANNED
Saudi Arabia

Post by Zambrano_ombudsman » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:38 pm

People with Indefinite Leave to Remain can apply for EU Settlement, so people with Limited Leave to Remain should also be able to apply under the EU Settlement rules.

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... -to-remain
If you have indefinite leave to enter or remain
Indefinite leave to enter or remain (ILR) are types of immigration status.

You’ll usually have applied for indefinite leave to enter or remain. You’ll have a stamp in your passport or a letter from the Home Office. You could also have a ‘vignette’ (sticker) or a biometric residence permit.

You can continue to live in the UK without applying to the EU Settlement Scheme if you have indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK.

However, if you choose to apply (and meet all the other conditions), you’ll get ‘indefinite leave to remain under the EU Settlement Scheme’ - also known as settled status.

This means you should be able to spend up to 5 years in a row outside the UK without losing your settled status (instead of 2 years with the indefinite leave to enter or remain you have now).

If you’re a Swiss citizen, you and your family members can spend up to 4 years in a row outside the UK without losing your settled status.

You will not have to prove you have 5 years’ continuous residence.

Zambrano_ombudsman
BANNED
Saudi Arabia

Post by Zambrano_ombudsman » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:47 pm

Here are the links to
  • Ask a question about applying for settled status
  • View and prove your settled or pre-settled status
https://eu-settled-status-enquiries.ser ... v.uk/start
Ask a question about applying for settled status

Use this form to ask a question about applying for settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme. We’ll reply within 5 working days.

Before you start

You may find the answer to your question here Settled and pre-settled status for EU citizens and their families.

What you’ll need

We’ll ask for your name and email address so we can reply to you.

If your question is about an existing application, make sure you use the same email address that was used to apply: this is the address that your confirmation email was sent to. We’ll also need the application reference number and applicant’s details.
https://www.gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status
Use this service to:

view your settled or pre-settled status
get a share code to prove your status to others, for example employers
update your personal details, for example your passport number or email address
check what rights you have in the UK, for example the right to work or claim benefits

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:54 pm

snooky wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:22 am
IST wrote:
HI all

I made application for DRV last week and today HO tried to collect £65 from my account but was declined as my account was frozen by mistake.

Many Thanks
IST

The Home is looking for every opportunity to reject and refuse cases. Most peoples application has been returned due to insufficient funds.

I believe your documents are in the post back to you for re-representation because it takes about 2-3 days for you to know activities on your bank accounts.

Hi Snooky

Thanks for your reply.
Is any contact number to call them direct please?

snooky

Post by snooky » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:00 pm

Zambrano_ombudsman wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:38 pm
People with Indefinite Leave to Remain can apply for EU Settlement, so people with Limited Leave to Remain should also be able to apply under the EU Settlement rules.

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... -to-remain
If you have indefinite leave to enter or remain
Indefinite leave to enter or remain (ILR) are types of immigration status.

You’ll usually have applied for indefinite leave to enter or remain. You’ll have a stamp in your passport or a letter from the Home Office. You could also have a ‘vignette’ (sticker) or a biometric residence permit.

You can continue to live in the UK without applying to the EU Settlement Scheme if you have indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK.

However, if you choose to apply (and meet all the other conditions), you’ll get ‘indefinite leave to remain under the EU Settlement Scheme’ - also known as settled status.

This means you should be able to spend up to 5 years in a row outside the UK without losing your settled status (instead of 2 years with the indefinite leave to enter or remain you have now).

If you’re a Swiss citizen, you and your family members can spend up to 4 years in a row outside the UK without losing your settled status.

You will not have to prove you have 5 years’ continuous residence.
Zambrano_ombudsman

Just want to share a bit on this post captioned

"People with Indefinite Leave to Remain can apply for EU Settlement, so people with Limited Leave to Remain should also be able to apply under the EU Settlement rules".

It really true that people with the above could be able to apply for settled scheme but there are technicalities to this law.

Prior to 1973 before UK finally joined the EU, there were these cooperations and agreement UK had with EEC, EEA, A13 and other work permit agreement with most western countries who themselves now part of EU27.

Most of these people were given ILR and subsequently their country became part of the EU immigration.

As they are EU members and in accordance of the withdrawal agreement all those who have excise their Treaty right would be able to become dual citizens, the Home Office has know choice but to permit them to apply for EU Settlement Scheme so that they can still have some basic right.

So that point of law isnt for all who have achieved their Indefinite leave to remain or enter by virtue of British domestic immigration law promulgated in 1974.

Strictly for Europeans and their family members before UK signed for free movement everything within the TFEU.

This also became possible due to SURINDER SINGH principles under wider EU law to protect EU citizens and their family members

Remember most people will still be treated as an exempt persons but their TCNs according to Patel vs SSHD would be able to apply for derivative right if they can show dependency especially (Union minor child applications)

Hope this clarifies the Home Office update on those with ILR applying for settled status scheme

snooky

Post by snooky » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:09 pm

IST wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:54 pm
snooky wrote:
IST wrote:
HI all

Many Thanks
IST

Hi Snooky

Thanks for your reply.
IST hello

Home Office Finance Department deals with these stuff and it will be hard to speak with them.

The good news in domestic immigration law is that, in such problems the courts ruled about 10 years ago that Home Office should contact the applicant for them to make another alternative payment as rejection could leave applicant into limbo

But with EU law there is no law that allows for that because with immigration EU under the directives. Home Office only confirms your status rather than confer. So you would never be in limbo as your right also existed before telling Home Office.

Wait for it and resubmit it with a new card details or a cheque. Use credit card. Is better

Zaza mum

Post by Zaza mum » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:11 pm

Hello my Zambrano family,
Praise Praise Praise Praise the Lord,
Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah

Help me thank God after 7months and over, I received my BRC this afternoon. But not the bundle of documents I sent. That hasn't arrived yet.

Thank you all for your help and encouragement. Thank you. And those also still waiting obtain strength and patience from God to continue waiting for it will come in Jesus Mighty Name. I know it's not easy to wait, but the Lord is your strength.

It will come🙏. 😘😘😘

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:23 pm

Zaza mum wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:11 pm

Help me thank God after 7months and over, I received my BRC this afternoon. But not the bundle of documents I sent. That hasn't arrived yet.

Thank you all for your help and encouragement. Thank you. And those also still waiting obtain strength and patience from God to continue waiting for it will come in Jesus Mighty Name. I know it's not easy to wait, but the Lord is your strength.

It will come🙏. 😘😘😘
Many congratulations
Plz update ur time line. Did u get pre settle or settle?

Zaza mum

Post by Zaza mum » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:46 pm

Zaza mum wrote:

It will come🙏. 😘😘😘
Application sent - 4/6/19 received by HO on 7th
Biometric- Around 27th of June
COA received - 12/7/19 but dated 9/7/19
Indefinite leave - 28/01/2020 but dated 23/01/2020

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:03 pm

snooky wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:09 pm
IST wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:54 pm
snooky wrote:
IST wrote:
HI all

Many Thanks
IST

Hi Snooky

Thanks for your reply.
IST hello

Home Office Finance Department deals with these stuff and it will be hard to speak with them.

The good news in domestic immigration law is that, in such problems the courts ruled about 10 years ago that Home Office should contact the applicant for them to make another alternative payment as rejection could leave applicant into limbo

But with EU law there is no law that allows for that because with immigration EU under the directives. Home Office only confirms your status rather than confer. So you would never be in limbo as your right also existed before telling Home Office.

Wait for it and resubmit it with a new card details or a cheque. Use credit card. Is better
Thank you Snooky

Hope16
Cameroon

Post by Hope16 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:17 pm

Zaza mum wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:46 pm
Zaza mum wrote:

It will come🙏. 😘😘😘
Application sent - 4/6/19 received by HO on 7th
Biometric- Around 27th of June
COA received - 12/7/19 but dated 9/7/19
Indefinite leave - 28/01/2020 but dated 23/01/2020
Wooooowww congratulations 🥳

Prettymum

Post by Prettymum » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:16 pm

Zaza mum wrote:

It will come🙏. 😘😘😘
Hi Zazamum

Congratulations!!!! Am happy for you 🤗😘

Prettymum

Post by Prettymum » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:45 pm

Hi Zazamum,
Did you get a call or email from the homeoffice?

Hadjer123
Newly Registered

Post by Hadjer123 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:54 pm

well that’s what I have been trying to do I have taken a picture of the letter and every time I copied the picture and trying to paste it keeps coming with a message please select a text first I don’t know what to do ?

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:46 pm

Hadjer123 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:54 pm
well that’s what I have been trying to do I have taken a picture of the letter and every time I copied the picture and trying to paste it keeps coming with a message please select a text first I don’t know what to do ?
Only txt not pic i think. Or u can type txt or use image to txt app.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:56 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:46 pm
Hadjer123 wrote:
Other way of doing is to upload pic on Google drive and then share its link.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:03 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:56 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:46 pm
Hadjer123 wrote:
Other way of doing is to upload pic on Google drive and then share its link.
Like this
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NFsjLLiBvfC3QoZN8

Zambrano_ombudsman
BANNED
Saudi Arabia

Post by Zambrano_ombudsman » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:19 pm

snooky wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:47 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:29 pm
Zambrano_ombudsman wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:10 pm
Common questions that keep appearing on this forum:
B4 u gave different email for complaint. Where i sent. Public.enqiries one
Question 3: Will the Home Office be able to ignore EU rules after 31 January 2020 and deny Zambrano carers settlement
Zambrano members, please know 31 January 2020 isnt the final day for UK to leave the EU.

31 January 2020 is when the withdrawal agreement kick starts. Within this period there are 2 different dates also setup.

31 December 2020 is set should UK failes to get a trade deal with EU. Thats why Home Office want everyone apply to eu settlment scheme by then.

30 June 2021 is the actual date that UK will close its curtain or doors on EU fee movement and goods, laws and all EU shenanigans. This is possible when we do have a trade deal with EU.

Please please Please, those who havent done Settlement Scheme should do it asap because Minister for security Brandon Lewis has said that when the door is closed and you failed to apply without good reasons, you will be REMOVED

"B4 u gave different email for complaint. Where i sent. Public.enqiries one" I don't think it matters which address you use. Either one will go to the complaints department.

"Zambrano members, please know 31 January 2020 isnt the final day for UK to leave the EU." Oh yes it is. That is why it is called "Brexit Day."

Zambrano carers are not explicitly covered in the Withdrawal Agreement.

The Withdrawal Agreement is about EU citizens. Zambrano carers are not EU citizens.

If you don't believe me, read the Withdrawal Agreement. Do a search for Zambrano carers, or non EU parents or derivative residence.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/ho ... ns-rights/

Groups not covered by the WA
The WA suggests that people caring for minors who are unable to exercise movement rights without their non-EU national parents (‘Chen’ children) are covered. Third country national carers for minors who have not left their Member State of birth (‘Zambrano’ children) are not.

Zambrano_ombudsman
BANNED
Saudi Arabia

Post by Zambrano_ombudsman » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:27 pm

What will happen to Zambrano carers who do not have a decision on 31 January 2020?

The Home Office have not committed to honouring the pending applications.

I would not be surprised if the Home Office simply rejected all of the pending applications by Zambrano carers on 1 February 2020.

The Withdrawal Agreement does not require the UK to give Zambrano carers EU settled status.

Any Zambrano carer who has made an application for EU settled status and who does not have a decision, should file a complaint.

Any Zambrano carer who has not made an application by 31 January 2020, could be rejected automatically. There simply is no provision in the Withdrawal Agreement for Zambrano carers.

The EU is not negotiating for Zambrano carers. They only negotiate for EU citizens.

The Home Office treat Zambrano carers worse than EU citizens. There was no good reason for Zambrano carers to have to complete paper applications.

Zambrano_ombudsman
BANNED
Saudi Arabia

Post by Zambrano_ombudsman » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:38 pm

snooky wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:34 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:22 pm
Me and my wife had biomatric on 16th jan for drv card application. Wife got coa on 21 jan mine still not arrived. Is it normal or should they come together.
Mubashir my friend

Good to here your partner got COA and you waiting for Yours. Take your time it shall be in. You have made good progress. Within 6 months of posting your Zambrano, you’re gonna get a decision. From the date on your wifes COA, just count 3 months and your decision will be with you.

Good man and tnx for trusting all on this board
It is simply false to say that within 6 months of the application, you definitely get a decision.

Plenty of people applied in May, June, July or August 2019. Plenty of people still do not have a decision.

It is not just Zambrano carers. Some EU citizens have also been waiting for more than 6 months.

The big difference between Zambrano carers and EU citizens is that EU citizens are protected under the Withdrawal Agreement.

Zambrano carers are NOT PROTECTED under the Withdrawal Agreement.

Isn't it interesting that no one has (apparently) made this point before?