ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR- few queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

newuser79
Mood:

Applying for ILR- few queries

Post by newuser79 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Hello Seniors/Moderators,

I am on Tier 2 general ( SOC ) with my 2 dependent children ( currently aged 15 and 19 ). My 5 year visa started Sept 25 2015 and expiring October 25 2020 ( as per our BRP ). we entered UK on 3rd October 2015.We all are Indian Nationals.

I've read the guidance but just wanted to double check with knowledgeable people in this forum.

My queries:

1- We plan to make one application SET (O) and include my sons aged 19 and 15 in the same application. Hope its the correct way. Is my assumption correct?

2- I assume we all can apply for ILR 28 days before visa start date. so Can I apply on or after Friday August 28th 2020? ( I plan to apply by super priority one day service as my son starts University and he needs to have ILR by 1st Sept 2020 to qualify as Home Student. If we all doesnt get ILR by 1st Sept 2020 he has to pay fees as foreign student or take another gap year and we cant afford both).

3- My adult son and I need to take LIUK test. I am clear on that. But do we have to also take GESE B1 Grade 5 test conducted by Trinity college? I entered UK by showing my degree certificate and that my degree was taught in English with a letter from University. Didnt show any NARIC letter. I assume my 15 year son doesn't have to show show any proof for his English language requirement as he is minor

4- Maintenance Requirements - Is there any maintenance requirements for ILR where in I need to have X amount of balance in my UK bank account for the last 3-6 months before my ILR appointment

5- I will get the letter as mentioned on UK visas website from my employer/sponsor which is a school. I will also keep my bank statements and payslips to make sure they can see the salary coming in to my account.do I need anything else from my sponsor? ( they have said you tell us what you need and we will provide). They dont want to get involved with this

Thanks a lot in advance for your help and time with this

Apologies if my query is too early- Just wanted to start preparing for tests/exams and hence putting the query now

Regards,
newuser79

zimba
Mood:

Re: Applying for ILR- few queries

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:34 pm

1- We plan to make one application SET (O) and include my sons aged 19 and 15 in the same application. Hope its the correct way. Is my assumption correct?
Yes
2- I assume we all can apply for ILR 28 days before visa start date. so Can I apply on or after Friday August 28th 2020? ( I plan to apply by super priority one day service as my son starts University and he needs to have ILR by 1st Sept 2020 to qualify as Home Student. If we all doesnt get ILR by 1st Sept 2020 he has to pay fees as foreign student or take another gap year and we cant afford both).
Yes, 28 days from completing your 5 years from first visa issue date
3- My adult son and I need to take LIUK test. I am clear on that. But do we have to also take GESE B1 Grade 5 test conducted by Trinity college? I entered UK by showing my degree certificate and that my degree was taught in English with a letter from University. Didnt show any NARIC letter. I assume my 15 year son doesn't have to show show any proof for his English language requirement as he is minor
GESE SELT at min B1 level is the best option
4- Maintenance Requirements - Is there any maintenance requirements for ILR where in I need to have X amount of balance in my UK bank account for the last 3-6 months before my ILR appointment
No
5- I will get the letter as mentioned on UK visas website from my employer/sponsor which is a school. I will also keep my bank statements and payslips to make sure they can see the salary coming in to my account.do I need anything else from my sponsor? ( they have said you tell us what you need and we will provide). They dont want to get involved with this
An employer letter plus your last payslip and bank statement is fine
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

newuser79
Mood:

Post by newuser79 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:04 am

Thank you Zimba- you been very helpful. I really value and appreciate the time you have put in to answer my queries.

I have 2 clarifications on your reply. please can you help

2- I assume you suggest GESE SELT test option to be risk free. Is that correct? Also should my adult son also take GESE SELT at minimum B1 or would that be just me taking this GESE SELT. Kindly note we both are taking LIUK test. I assumed its only me who needs to take GESE SELT test given the application is based on me.

5- Other than the letter from employer do they have to get anything ready at their end. They have already renewed their licence for 4 yrs expiring 2023. do they have to do anything else as in what they did when they hired me in 2015?

Thanks again

Sincerely,
newuser79

newuser79
Mood:

Post by newuser79 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:51 am

Hello Zimba,

sorry I couldnt edit my earlier response.

I already have a UK naric comparability document ( edited version attached ) which confirms my foreign degree is equivalent to UK degree. Also I have a letter from my University confirming my bachelor degree was taught in english ( edited version attached )

are these not enough? Do I have to take GESE SELT level B1 too?

I guess LIUK test alone is enough for my 19 yr old son

Thanks again,

newuser79
Attachments
Proof that degree was thought in English-1.jpg
Statement of Comparability
Proof that degree was thought in English-1.jpg (132.68 KiB) Viewed 313 times
Proof that degree was thought in English-2.jpg
Letter from University confirming degree was taught in english
Proof that degree was thought in English-2.jpg (110.51 KiB) Viewed 313 times

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:16 pm

For UK NARIC, you need to go through the Red route.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:01 pm

He needs the English test too. He is not exempt.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

newuser79
Mood:

Post by newuser79 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:01 pm
He needs the English test too. He is not exempt.
Thank you CR001 - Will make sure he takes the english test too. We mistakenly thought since he has GCSE from UK he was exempt. we now know what to do. Thanks again !!

newuser79
Mood:

Post by newuser79 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:35 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:16 pm
For UK NARIC, you need to go through the Red route.
Thank you Zimba!! I will contact UK Naric and get this process started. If its not satisfactory ( based on the limited research I did on Red route ) I will pay £150 and take the GESE SELT test B1 Level or more for both myself and my adult son

Best wishes,
newuser79