ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Denied citizenship via windrush

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vinny

Re: Denied citizenship via windrush

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:10 am

I think a CoE-RoA endorsement does not confer the Right of Abode status, but it’s evidence of it, similar to a British passport being evidence of British citizenship.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:25 am

Windrush Scheme
A person of any nationality, who arrived in the UK before 31 December 1988 and is settled in the UK.
The Taskforce will consider whether the applicant is already a British citizen and, if they are, they will be given a document confirming that.

If the applicant is not British, the Taskforce will consider whether they have the Right of Abode and if so they will be given a document confirming the Right of Abode.

If not, the Taskforce will consider whether they are settled in the UK and, if so, they will be given a biometric document confirming their settled status (NTL – No Time Limit).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ConfusedGuy
Newly Registered

Post by ConfusedGuy » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:28 pm

Thank you for the replies Richard and Vinny.

My passport was destroyed around 1984 and I haven't had one since.

I have spoke to windrush again and got someone who was a bit more willing to chat rather than just telling to me appeal via email, she unfortunately couldn't give me answers and was just as confused as me so has sent a email off to someone at Liverpool (I didnt catch who) and has advised me to email the review team which I have now done.

Ill keep you guys updated when I get a response.