ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen through father's naturalistion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vvAus
Newly Registered
Australia

British Citizen through father's naturalistion

Post by vvAus » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:40 am

Hi All,

I've had a thorough read of the existing forums but wanted to confirm my eligibility for a British passport, based on my facts and dates.

- I was born in Australia in 1996 (and have lived in Australia my whole life);
- My father and mother were married at the time I was born;
- My father gained British Citizenship through naturalisation in 1973 and was still a British Citizen when I was born (and is to this day).
- My grandfather and great grandfather were also naturalised at the same time, and remained British Citizens to the date of death.

Therefore, I would automatically be a British Citizen by descent based on the above factors?

I am a bit confused as the requirement seems to change based on certain key dates.

If anyone could confirm that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

vinny

Re: British Citizen through father's naturalistion

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:17 am

Yes. I think you may apply for a British passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.