ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does Tier 2 dependent ILR application need cohabitation proof

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jimmy78
Newly Registered
China

Tier 2 dependent ILR applcation

Post by Jimmy78 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:10 pm

Dear all,
I have a question regarding my wife and son's ILR application. They are holding Tier 2 dependent Visa now and will meet 5 years' residency requirement this March. I got my ILR as Tier 2 general applicant in 2016. Since then I started to claim child benefit under my name. I wonder if the history of claiming this benefit will have negative impact on my wife's and son's ILR application or not? If it will have negative effect, is there any means to get around this? Many thanks.

srsw

Re: Tier 2 dependent ILR applcation

Post by srsw » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:34 pm

It would not impact their application.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

Jimmy78
Newly Registered
China

Post by Jimmy78 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:13 pm

srsw wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:34 pm
It would not impact their application.
Thanks for the quick response. However when I checked the eligibility with Home Office website, it states like this: When you apply for settlement, you and your partner must:

be living together in your own accommodation
not be using public funds
This is for application as the partner or child of a tier 1, 2 or 5 visa-holder who has settled in the UK. Can you briefly explain this statement. Sorry for bothering.

Jimmy78
Newly Registered
China

Question about Tier 2 dependent ILR application form

Post by Jimmy78 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:26 pm

Dear all,
I got my ILR as Tier2 applicant 3 years ago. My wife and son are holding Tier 2 dependent Visa and will meet 5 year's residency requirement this march. We will like to apply next month according to the 28 days' rule. when we started the application, there are 10 categories for us to choose from:
Tier 1 dependant
Tier 1 migrant
Tier 2 dependant
Tier 2 migrant
Bereaved partner
Representative of an overseas business
Retired person of independent means
UK ancestry
Any other employment
Other purposes or reasons not covered by other application forms

We chose the category for Tier 2 dependent. But when it came up to my current UK immigration status, there was no settlement option in the drag list and there were only different type's of Tier 2 Visa which is not my current status.
So shall I go back to the start and choose the category for other purposes or reasons not covered by other application forms ( the last option ) and write down and explain the reason for ILR and the current status. Can you let us know which form we should take for application in this case? Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question about Tier 2 dependent ILR application form

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:59 pm

Complete your tier 2 details as the form set o asks.

Other purposes option is NOT relevant to tier 2 dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jimmy78
Newly Registered
China

Post by Jimmy78 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:49 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:59 pm

Thanks for your quick response. As you said I should choose the first form, select Tier 2 general as current UK immigration status, ignoring the fact I have got ILR. Is that right? Many thanks.

srsw

Post by srsw » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:01 am

Thanks for the quick response. However when I checked the eligibility with Home Office website, it states like this: When you apply for settlement, you and your partner must:

be living together in your own accommodation
not be using public funds
This is for application as the partner or child of a tier 1, 2 or 5 visa-holder who has settled in the UK. Can you briefly explain this statement. Sorry for bothering.
I think that applies if both (you & your partner) are still on tier 1, 2 or similar visa and applying for settlement at the same time.

Once you get ILR, you are eligible to apply for benefits.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

srsw

Post by srsw » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:02 am

Jimmy78 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:49 am
CR001 wrote:

Thanks for your quick response. As you said I should choose the first form, select Tier 2 general as current UK immigration status, ignoring the fact I have got ILR. Is that right? Many thanks.
Yes, that's right.

Jimmy78
Newly Registered
China

Post by Jimmy78 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:49 pm

Jimmy78 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:49 am
CR001 wrote:

Thank you all for the response for the previous questions. I have one more question here. When I came to the Finance part of the application. They asked about the public fund as below:
Public funds
Do you or anyone else who is part of this application receive any public funds? (Required)
Include details for your partner or child if you have one. Examples of public funds include Income Support, Child Benefit, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, Carer’s Allowance and Disability Living Allowance.
The fact is my wife and my son haven't claimed any fund, but I did receive child benefit under my name after I got my ILR, but have currently stopped it (a month ago).
I think they should choose yes for this question, right? Otherwise they will reject it by judging them giving false information. If they say yes, will it affect their ILR application? I know I have asked this question before. But this question does confuse me a lot. Thanks in advance.

Jimmy78
Newly Registered
China

Does Tier 2 dependent ILR application need cohabitation proof

Post by Jimmy78 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:40 pm

Dear All,
My wife and son are going to apply as the partner or child of a tier 2 visa-holder who has settled in the UK. (I got my ILR 3 years ago). Does my wife need cohabitation (address) proof for their ILR application. Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Does Tier 2 dependent ILR application need cohabitation proof

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:18 pm

Topics Merged!!!

Yes, 2 years evidence in both your names as proof of cohabitation and subsisting marriage.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jimmy78
Newly Registered
China

Post by Jimmy78 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:18 pm
Topics Merged!!!

Yes, 2 years evidence in both your names as proof of cohabitation and subsisting marriage.
Thanks for the reply. But this time I am not applying with them as I already settled. Are you sure they still need to have the cohabitation proof. If so, it needs cover the whole past two years, right?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:47 pm

Are you sure they still need to have the cohabitation proof.

Yes.
If so, it needs cover the whole past two years, right?
A selection of documents in both your names for every 3 to 4 months from 3 to 6 sources.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Jimmy78
Newly Registered
China

declaration signed by partner to confirm consent for HO to request vertification Check

Post by Jimmy78 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:35 pm

Dear all,
My wife and son are applying ILR as tier 2 dependent. I had settled 3 years ago as Tier 2 general. As a required document for their application, they ask for declaration signed by me (as my wife's partner) to confirm consent for the HO to request verification checks. Does this refer to the consent form part 1 or part 2 or part 3 or some of them or all of them? Or is there another declaration form besides these? Many thanks.

Best wishes,
Jimmy

zimba
Mood:

Re: declaration signed by partner to confirm consent for HO to request vertification Check

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:46 am

Jimmy78 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:35 pm
Dear all,
My wife and son are applying ILR as tier 2 dependent. I had settled 3 years ago as Tier 2 general. As a required document for their application, they ask for declaration signed by me (as my wife's partner) to confirm consent for the HO to request verification checks. Does this refer to the consent form part 1 or part 2 or part 3 or some of them or all of them? Or is there another declaration form besides these? Many thanks.

Best wishes,
Jimmy
KEPP ALL YOUR ILR QUESTIONS in this post. NO need to repeat yourself that way !
You need the first two parts
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Jimmy78
Newly Registered
China

Post by Jimmy78 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:49 am

Thanks for your quick response. Does my wife only need to sign the first part? I have one more question apart from this. In the form they ask: "Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?" What does this sentence mean? Does it mean any visa issued after 11 Jan. 2018 for my wife and son? Sorry for bothering again.

Best wishes,
Jimmy

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:32 pm

Your wife signs the part 1 and you sign part 2.
Does it mean any visa issued after 11 Jan. 2018 for my wife and son?
Correct. If their last visa was issued after 11 Jan 2018
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Jimmy78
Newly Registered
China

Post by Jimmy78 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:19 pm

Dear all,
Finally we have got an email from Home after attending a super priority service in Croydon. The letter is saying like below:
" Decision of Tier 2 Application

I’m pleased to confirm that your application for leave has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter in due course which will explain your leave in more detail.

Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) may take up to 10 working days to be delivered from the date of this email. If it does not arrive after 10 working days please contact us via the following link: https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived.

Thank you for using our super priority service."

Does this mean we have got the ILR? Why haven't they mentioned indefinite leave to remain? They just mentioned leave has been granted which makes us concerned. Anyone received similar wording but actually got their ILR? Thanks.

Jimmy

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:14 pm

Your ILR is granted. Wait for BRPs

Jimmy78
Newly Registered
China

Post by Jimmy78 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:26 pm

Dear all,
My wife and son have got their ILR cards last week. Thanks for your help. We couldn't manage to finish all the paper work without your help.

Best Wishes,
Jimmy

prince99
Mood:
India

Post by prince99 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:44 am

Congrats Jimmy.
I'm in the same boat as you are previously.

When I select tier-2 as my route in my wife ilr application, it's asking for vaf/GWH reference. What did you put in there?
Did you declare child benefits in the application?

Thanks