ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does The Date I Print Citizenship Calculator Date Matters?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Should I Disclose This?

Post by johnpromise01 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:04 am

I am about to submit my naturalisation application next week through my solicitor and all forms completed now. However, I was stopped by the Garda almost two years ago for driving with L uncompanied, but I was not fined and no letter was received, I was even surprised that I received no letter like cautionor fine. The lady Garda only told me that she would seize my car if she see me driving unaccompanied again. But I never received any caution letter. Do you think I should disclose this in my naturalisation application form or it's not necessary?
Though I will still ask my solicitor too. Thanks..

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Should I Disclose This?

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:00 am

That's really big what you did man. It means driving without license, as simple as that. I am surprised they just let you go. With L plates, you are a learner. Had they decided to pursue it further, it would have shed a bad light on your character for a while.

There must be a police report somewhere. So you can't just don't disclose. Maybe there is no police report at all because they were lazy to fill it. But you can't access their database to see. If you hide a fact and they find it by checking your name on police / justice records, it will badly hurt your application.

In doubt, always disclose.

Odoba
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Odoba » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:23 am

It’s a tricky one. If you disclose, then you should explain the incident and the outcome, include receipts of payment of fines, etc. However, if you don’t disclose and it’s found on their database, then you tried to hide it. It will affect your character

Anyway, as you didn’t receive any further correspondence, I doubt it was ever recorded. Maybe it was your lucky day

Good luck

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:43 pm

I really doubt it was ever recorded. How can a copper justify stopping someone without valid licence and letting them go scotfree.
You can disclose without giving any info that you were stopped by police but no further action taken

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:59 pm

Driving with a learner permit unaccompanied is NOT the same as driving without a licence. The punishment is completely different.

Gardai only got the power to seize a car since last year. Before that, it is always the unspoken guideline for them to give you just a caution if it was your first offence.

However, it is an offence, and they will record it in the PULSE system. You will need to disclose it. Just tell them that you were cautioned but did not receive a fine.

If in doubt, you can always request for a FOI from Garda. Simply fill in the form and email/post it to them.
https://www.garda.ie/en/Information-cen ... nglish.pdf

mayflower805
Ireland

Post by mayflower805 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:19 pm

I’m on the same boat . I was stopped by guards and was verbally cautioned for being out of tax . And I was asked to go to my local Garda station with my insurance docs . And I went to local Garda station . They saw the insurance paper and said all is good . Now my naturalisation application is round the corner . Should I disclose it ? Thank you

Mystica09
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mystica09 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:50 pm

I was the same stopped by garda with L plate unaccompanied, about 3 years ago.
They only cautioned me. I didn't recieve any letter.
I forgot about it and didn't put in my application.
Now, I recieved a letter last 28th to pay 950 and submit GNIB and photos. So I think it wasn't recorded.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:56 pm

littlerr wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:59 pm
Driving with a learner permit unaccompanied is NOT the same as driving without a licence. The punishment is completely different.

Gardai only got the power to seize a car since last year. Before that, it is always the unspoken guideline for them to give you just a caution if it was your first offence.

However, it is an offence, and they will record it in the PULSE system. You will need to disclose it. Just tell them that you were cautioned but did not receive a fine.

If in doubt, you can always request for a FOI from Garda. Simply fill in the form and email/post it to them.
It appears to me that I can only make FOI request for the below and not for an offence that involves Garda?

Human Resources – records which relate to personal records of staff working within An Garda Síochána. They also relate to statistical information in respect of the organisation, e.g. resources, sick leave, discipline, suspensions, retirements, bullying and harassment complaints, etc.

Finance – records which relate to the financial expenditure of the organisation

Procurement – records which relate to the contracting of services and the tendering process associated with same.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:31 am

johnpromise01 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:56 pm
littlerr wrote:

It appears to me that I can only make FOI request for the below and not for an offence that involves Garda?

Human Resources – records which relate to personal records of staff working within An Garda Síochána. They also relate to statistical information in respect of the organisation, e.g. resources, sick leave, discipline, suspensions, retirements, bullying and harassment complaints, etc.

Procurement – records which relate to the contracting of services and the tendering process associated with same.
Apologies wrong link.. Should be Form 20.
https://www.garda.ie/en/about-us/online ... -2019-.pdf

You can make specific requests in Part 2 of the form. This is what I put in mine:
I would like to have a copy of data that Garda hold on me based on Data Information Acts. This includes: A copy of data being kept about me, the purpose for which the data is kept, and the source of the data.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:16 pm

littlerr wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:31 am
johnpromise01 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:56 pm
littlerr wrote:

Apologies wrong link.. Should be Form 20.
https://www.garda.ie/en/about-us/online ... -2019-.pdf

You can make specific requests in Part 2 of the form. This is what I put in mine:
I would like to have a copy of data that Garda hold on me based on Data Information Acts. This includes: A copy of data being kept about me, the purpose for which the data is kept, and the source of the data.
ml

Thanks mate.

Does that mean I have to say "YES" to

"Section 11 Background11.1 Have you ever committed any offences against the laws of Ireland or any overseas country?"

And to this:

11.7 Are you, or have you been, the subject of an investigation in Ireland by ANGARDA SÍOCHÁNA (Irish Police), including where you were not charged with any offence? Give details below?"

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:23 pm

I would say just 11.1 but that’s just my own opinion.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Does The Date I Print Citizenship Calculator Date Matters?

Post by johnpromise01 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:44 pm

Does the date I print the citizenship calculator has to match the date I signed the statutary declaration?

What if I print the citizenship calculator today and then do the statutory declaration two days after?

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:32 am

Mystica09 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:50 pm
I was the same stopped by garda with L plate unaccompanied, about 3 years ago.
They only cautioned me. I didn't recieve any letter.
I forgot about it and didn't put in my application.
Now, I recieved a letter last 28th to pay 950 and submit GNIB and photos. So I think it wasn't recorded.

I finally visited my solicitor with my application for submission on my behalf. My solicitor said as long as I was not fined and never receive further correspondence, it has to be "No declaration of offence". He further said if I answer YES the citizenship section will delay my application by requesting for documentary evidence of the uncharged and unfined offence. What do you think?