ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 ICT visa validity, when a Germany WP is also being raised.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

KeshavBohra
Newly Registered

Tier2 ICT visa validity, when a Germany WP is also being raised.

Post by KeshavBohra » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:27 am

I am currently in UK on Tier 2 ICT visa (valid till September 2020), from India. Now for my new assignment, work permit for Germany has to be raised.
I just wanted to confirm if I will be able to visit UK from Germany on my UK ICT tier 2 WP, or will it be invalidated once Germany WP is raised?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Tier2 ICT visa validity, when a Germany WP is also being raised.

Post by ALKB » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:54 pm

KeshavBohra wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:27 am
I am currently in UK on Tier 2 ICT visa (valid till September 2020), from India. Now for my new assignment, work permit for Germany has to be raised.
I just wanted to confirm if I will be able to visit UK from Germany on my UK ICT tier 2 WP, or will it be invalidated once Germany WP is raised?
There is no automatic invalidation, UK and German work permits are two different systems. Germany will not mind you having a work permit for a different country.

The question is, will you still be employed in the UK? I don't know much about Tier 2 rules, so you might want to post in the Tier 2 forum, too.

Or - wild idea - have you spoken to your HR department about this? If they are the ones organising your German work permit, they should also be able to tell you what they will do regarding your Tier 2 ICT sponsorship, applicable rules in your specific situation and what they will/will not do in this regard.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.