ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa requirement for Non-EU minor travelling with Irish father to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pissedoffbyinis
Pakistan

Visa requirement for Non-EU minor travelling with Irish father to Ireland

Post by pissedoffbyinis » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:33 pm

I have dual nationality (Non-eu and Irish) and wanted to travel to Ireland with my non-eu baby... wondering if there is a visa required for the minor travelling with me OR will it be visa on arrival for the baby? Any relevant experience or link.... official website has no clear answer.

Bippin
Malaysia

Re: Visa requirement for Non-EU minor travelling with Irish father to Ireland

Post by Bippin » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:45 pm

Your baby didn't have Irish passport? I thought Irish citizen can pass through children if one of parent is Irish.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:16 pm

Bippin wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:45 pm
Your baby didn't have Irish passport? I thought Irish citizen can pass through children if one of parent is Irish.
According to the users recent post today, they are not yet Irish.

ireland/citizenship-applications-from-2 ... l#p1872555
pissedoffbyinis wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:07 am
Hey guys,... some good news here too.

Got the approval letter finally after circa 3 years.
Applied in April 2017, got second stage letter in Feb 2018 and approval letter now.

Gonna submit fee + photos today.
Best of luck to all others waiting... seems like they are cleaning some backlog now.
And also apparently Irish and living in another EU state and wanting to apply on the FBR for the child as posted in December 2019.

ireland/foreign-birth-registration-t277 ... l#p1856063
pissedoffbyinis wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:00 pm
I got Irish citizenship through naturalization and working in another EU country now.
My new arrival is expected in a month's time and FBR documentation requirement requires naturalisation certificate to be attached with the FBR application of new born.
However, they never returned my naturalisation certificate upon issuing the passport and i never asked for it because i had the passport.
Does anyone had a similar situation ... any solution or suggestions?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pissedoffbyinis
Pakistan

Post by pissedoffbyinis » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:16 pm
Bippin wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:45 pm
According to the users recent post today, they are not yet Irish.

ireland/citizenship-applications-from-2 ... l#p1872555
pissedoffbyinis wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:07 am
Hey guys,... some good news here too.

Got the approval letter finally after circa 3 years.
Applied in April 2017, got second stage letter in Feb 2018 and approval letter now.

Gonna submit fee + photos today.
Best of luck to all others waiting... seems like they are cleaning some backlog now.
And also apparently Irish and living in another EU state and wanting to apply on the FBR for the child as posted in December 2019.

ireland/foreign-birth-registration-t277 ... l#p1856063
pissedoffbyinis wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:00 pm
I got Irish citizenship through naturalization and working in another EU country now.
My new arrival is expected in a month's time and FBR documentation requirement requires naturalisation certificate to be attached with the FBR application of new born.
However, they never returned my naturalisation certificate upon issuing the passport and i never asked for it because i had the passport.
Does anyone had a similar situation ... any solution or suggestions?

Oh man... you are good... you tracked everything.

That's correct... that i have Irish nationality through naturalisation + applied for FBR of kid + kid has non-EU nationality so far and wanted to travel to Ireland.