ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension of Spouse Visa - Hard Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

clareR
Newly Registered

Extension of Spouse Visa - Hard Questions

Post by clareR » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:24 pm

I am back after 2.5 years, after successfully appealing my husbands spouse visa refusal back in 2017, he was granted entry clearance and on arrival he picked up his UK biometric residents permit, type spouse/cp.It expires in a couple of months and hence applying to renew. My questions is..

We are filling out the application form to extend his stay and there is a confusing question with multiple choice options to select... He is indian and has a UK residence permit, but he is my family and so I am not sure which to select, as the permit type says spouse/cp. I am thinking I should check "family", but really not sure if i should just put the eea residence permit...This is the question

What type of visa, leave to enter or remain, or other permission do you have, to be in the UK?
a) Visit
b) Work
c) Study
d) Family
e) EEA Residence permit or card
f) Settlement
g) Other

Moon Lantern
Newly Registered

Re: Extension of Spouse Visa - Hard Questions

Post by Moon Lantern » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:37 pm

clareR wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:24 pm
I am back after 2.5 years, after successfully appealing my husbands spouse visa refusal back in 2017, he was granted entry clearance and on arrival he picked up his UK biometric residents permit, type spouse/cp.It expires in a couple of months and hence applying to renew. My questions is..

We are filling out the application form to extend his stay and there is a confusing question with multiple choice options to select... He is indian and has a UK residence permit, but he is my family and so I am not sure which to select, as the permit type says spouse/cp. I am thinking I should check "family", but really not sure if i should just put the eea residence permit...This is the question

What type of visa, leave to enter or remain, or other permission do you have, to be in the UK?
a) Visit
b) Work
c) Study
d) Family
e) EEA Residence permit or card
f) Settlement
g) Other
Settlement- Husband, I think. Isn't that what you selected the first time round?

clareR
Newly Registered

Re: Extension of Spouse Visa - Hard Questions

Post by clareR » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:51 pm

Our original application was back in 2015.We waited 2yrs for an appeal date, won that in 2017.

The original application did not ask that question and as far as I knew we applied for a spouse visa. But after the appeal was won, he was given 1mth to enter the UK and then was given a BRP.

It's confusing as we don't have any docs saying he has a visa, just the BRP.