ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Obie
Ireland

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by Obie » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:10 pm

ruthie wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:07 pm
Finally have some updates for the applications. I can see my parents' settled status online now. Seems their detail has been booked into the system and approved just today. Obviously the caseworkers update the system before sending the post. Haven't received any email or call from them in the meantime.

It is a big relief. Hopefully, you guys with similar timeline will have a result fairly soon.
I was not aware that the status of paper applicant under Surinder Singh can be viewed online.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ruthie

Post by ruthie » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:16 pm

Obie wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:10 pm
ruthie wrote:
Finally have some updates for the applications. I can see my parents' settled status online now. Seems their detail has been booked into the system and approved just today. Obviously the caseworkers update the system before sending the post. Haven't received any email or call from them in the meantime.

It is a big relief. Hopefully, you guys with similar timeline will have a result fairly soon.
I was not aware that the status of paper applicant under Surinder Singh can be viewed online.
It's not the literal status of the application but the immigration status really. From this URL https://www.gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status. I think they are approved today because I have been checking this on a daily basis in the last month, yesterday it was showing as 'no details match'.
Surinder Singh Settled 2019
Form received by HO: 30th Sep 2019
Passport returned: 11th Oct
Biometrics letter received: 23th Oct
Biometrics enrolled: 26th Oct
COA: 5th Nov
Approval letter received: 31st Jan 2020
BRC received: 1st Feb

A Canadian
Canada

Post by A Canadian » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:07 am

ruthie wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:16 pm
Obie wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:10 pm
ruthie wrote:

It's not the literal status of the application but the immigration status really. From this URL https://www.gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status. I think they are approved today because I have been checking this on a daily basis in the last month, yesterday it was showing as 'no details match'.
Thanks so much for this link - good to know something like this exists!!! I'll start checking :)

ruthie

Post by ruthie » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:11 am

ruthie wrote:

Approval letter received by post on the Brexit day. The biometric cards will be ready in a week. A long project is finally coming to its end. Happy days.

Hope everyone here best of luck!
Surinder Singh Settled 2019
Form received by HO: 30th Sep 2019
Passport returned: 11th Oct
Biometrics letter received: 23th Oct
Biometrics enrolled: 26th Oct
COA: 5th Nov
Approval letter received: 31st Jan 2020
BRC received: 1st Feb

Pimsalma
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Pimsalma » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:11 pm

ruthie wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:11 am
ruthie wrote:

Approval letter received by post on the Brexit day. The biometric cards will be ready in a week. A long project is finally coming to its end. Happy days.

[/Congratulations Ruthie

Khansaid
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Khansaid » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:18 am

Airfan wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:46 pm
Khansaid wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:03 pm
Airfan wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:09 am
Hi Khan Said,

Yes that's correct, once you are in the UK you need to call the Home Office and ask for a Surinder Singh Paper application form. You won't be able to apply from within Ireland, you will need to move to the UK, and then gather evidence of you living in the UK, a plane boarding pass will be enough proof for your date of entry, and other than that, rental agreements, bank statements, bills etc will be needed for proof of residency. You would be applying for Pre-Settled status which would give you a 5 year biometric residence card.
You will also need proof of the British Citizen, exercising treaty rights in Ireland; your residency proofs such as rental agreements, bank statements, bills etc, and proof of employment there in the period of residency, and also proof of integration in Ireland.

Hope this helps you,

Irfan

Khansaid wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:46 am

Hi A irfan

Thanks for posting your inquiry. I planning to apply for my family through Surinder singh route as well from here in Ireland. I have been looking at these posts on Immigrationboard and what I have got is that:
There is no online application and I have to call UKHO and ask for an application which they would post it to the home address after checking the eligibility of the applicant.
I shall be grateful if you could share process please. And also whether these applications are for 6 monthe or for 5 years RC once approved?

Regards
Hi Airfan

Thanks very much for the replay. I thought you applied for Ireland, my mistake as u lived in Ireland from 2015- 2017. Ok so applied from within UK, did you get a visa to get to uk or the 5 years Irish RC was enough to move to UK and live there since 2017?
Just for information though, EU citizens can make complaints to SOLVIT online stating the difficulties an EU citizen and their families facing. SOLVIT have a direct contact with each EU country's HO.

Regards
Yes the Irish RC was enough to move to the UK and live here since 2017, provided spouse stayed in employment within 3 months of returning to the UK, which she did. The EEA family permit should generally have been applied for though to prove right of work etc, but it is not a requirement.
Hi Airfan

Thanks very much for the replay much appreciated. Also many Congratulations on your pre settled. Anything new post Brixit or changes shared would appreciated as well.
Regards

Pimsalma
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Pimsalma » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:37 pm

Pimsalma wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:11 pm
ruthie wrote:
ruthie wrote:

[/Congratulations Ruthie
Checked My online status today, and thanks to god that settle status approved today. I should get the documents and BRP in the next couple working days.
Very best of luck to all of you

fazkhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by fazkhan » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:15 pm

ruthie wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:42 pm
Thank you all guys for updating your status here. We are very much on the same timeline. Not aware of what 'stage 2' means either as Mdml07 mentioned. I will contact them again at the beginning of Feb. Hope the results end up well. Good luck everyone.
Hi brother can you please tell me what supporting documents did you send with your application form.
Did you send your original documents or you scanned your documents and then sent them scaned documents

fazkhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by fazkhan » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:19 pm

Pimsalma wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:37 pm
Pimsalma wrote:
ruthie wrote:
ruthie wrote:

[/Congratulations Ruthie
Checked My online status today, and thanks to god that settle status approved today. I should get the documents and BRP in the next couple working days.
Very best of luck to all of you
Did you apply from inside the UK or outside?
If you applied inside the UK then what supporting documents did you send with your application OR you sent supporting documents by scanning resources?

fazkhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by fazkhan » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:21 pm

Pimsalma wrote:
ruthie wrote:
ruthie wrote:

[/Congratulations Ruthie
Please tell me what supporting documents did you send with your paper application form ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:25 pm

@ user fazkhan, it is NOT necessary to quote every single member and ask the same question EACH time!!!! You are spamming the forum!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Post by JAMAA » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:50 pm

Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status)

If your family member is a British citizen (‘Surinder Singh’ applications)
You may be eligible if you lived outside the UK in an EU or EEA country (or Switzerland) with your family member.

You must have lived with them in the EU or an EEA country that is not the UK (or Switzerland) before 1 February 2020, and be:

married to or in a civil partnership with them
under 21 years old, and are their child or grandchild
21 years or older, and are their dependent child or grandchild
their dependent parent or grandparent
The country that you lived in together must have been your main residence. Your British family member must also have been working, studying or self-sufficient in the country while there.

You cannot use the online service to apply if this is how you qualify for the scheme.

You need to call the EU Settlement Resolution Centre to find out how to apply. You’ll be asked a few questions over the phone before you’re sent the application form.

fazkhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by fazkhan » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:55 am

1st I apologise for sending 1 message again I won't do it in future
2nd thanks for reply actually I applied online proubly I filled up wrong form online then they contacted with us to tell us that was wrong form then they got our information again and now they gonna send us application form again.Now my question is I gave my biomatric finger print and scanned my original documents from their department(i paid fee for that which was around £90) and already send them.willy they use same documents again with paper application again if I give them reference number.
OR I will have to send my original documents with application form (e.g passport etc.)
I'm also worry cuz maybe the hold the passport until decision of the application and I need to travel and they maybe take more then 3 months. Thanks

fazkhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by fazkhan » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:58 am

Khansaid wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:18 am
Airfan wrote:
Khansaid wrote:
Airfan wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:09 am
Hi Khan Said,

Yes that's correct, once you are in the UK you need to call the Home Office and ask for a Surinder Singh Paper application form. You won't be able to apply from within Ireland, you will need to move to the UK, and then gather evidence of you living in the UK, a plane boarding pass will be enough proof for your date of entry, and other than that, rental agreements, bank statements, bills etc will be needed for proof of residency. You would be applying for Pre-Settled status which would give you a 5 year biometric residence card.
You will also need proof of the British Citizen, exercising treaty rights in Ireland; your residency proofs such as rental agreements, bank statements, bills etc, and proof of employment there in the period of residency, and also proof of integration in Ireland.

Hope this helps you,

Irfan

Hi Airfan

Thanks very much for the replay. I thought you applied for Ireland, my mistake as u lived in Ireland from 2015- 2017. Ok so applied from within UK, did you get a visa to get to uk or the 5 years Irish RC was enough to move to UK and live there since 2017?
Just for information though, EU citizens can make complaints to SOLVIT online stating the difficulties an EU citizen and their families facing. SOLVIT have a direct contact with each EU country's HO.

Regards
Yes the Irish RC was enough to move to the UK and live here since 2017, provided spouse stayed in employment within 3 months of returning to the UK, which she did. The EEA family permit should generally have been applied for though to prove right of work etc, but it is not a requirement.
Hi Airfan

Thanks very much for the replay much appreciated. Also many Congratulations on your pre settled. Anything new post Brixit or changes shared would appreciated as well.
Regards
Hi would I also need to prove of job in the UK or my British suponser need to prove of job?

lifeandfate
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by lifeandfate » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:15 pm

Yes

foggyhorse
Newly Registered

Post by foggyhorse » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:23 pm

Hi all,

My wife and I have been back in the UK for five years now after living in Malta for six months prior to that. She has a UK-issued EEA residence card so I'm wondering whether, when applying for settled status, we actually need to provide all the evidence (again) that shows we lived and worked in Malta? Has anyone in a similar position done so, or is the fact she has said card evidence enough? Also, am I right in assuming that the main evidence one needs to provide in these circumstances is paperwork to prove we've been living together in the UK for the past 5 years? Things like bank statements, council tax bills etc...

Thanks in advance,
Craig

Lee8889
Newly Registered

Post by Lee8889 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi,

Apologies if i missed it previously, but has anybody got a list of required documents that has to be sent with the settlement scheme application form for Surinder Singh? Perhaps someone has a blank copy of an application form they could share?

My wife and I are planning to move to the UK in the summer and we are just trying to get ahead of the game and have as much documentation etc. ready for when we arrive in the UK, so to be able to read through the form would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Lee

RepublicofScot2020
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by RepublicofScot2020 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:06 pm

foggyhorse wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:23 pm
Hi all,

My wife and I have been back in the UK for five years now after living in Malta for six months prior to that. She has a UK-issued EEA residence card so I'm wondering whether, when applying for settled status, we actually need to provide all the evidence (again) that shows we lived and worked in Malta? Has anyone in a similar position done so, or is the fact she has said card evidence enough? Also, am I right in assuming that the main evidence one needs to provide in these circumstances is paperwork to prove we've been living together in the UK for the past 5 years? Things like bank statements, council tax bills etc...

Thanks in advance,
Craig
Hi Craig,

My Non-EEA wife and I went through a similar route (SS route via Austria) & timescales. She has an EEA residence card and applied for settled status in December 2019.

The card should be enough and the SS paper application form you need to fill in should be straightforward. You and your partner though will probably have to also submit proof of UK residence for the last 5 years. My wife and I just sent of copies of the last 5 years worth of council tax bills, which so far seems to be enough.

No need to send all that centre of life nonsense again which I presume you did when you received a family permit 5 years ago... 8)

Good luck and please keep us updated how you get on.

RepublicofScot2020

timeline:
Nov 2014: Family permit issued
Jan 2015: Residence card issued
Nov 2019: Surinder Singh Settled status application form submitted
Dec 2019: bio
8 Jan 2020: COA received
settled status: waiting...

Lee8889
Newly Registered

Post by Lee8889 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:23 pm

Hi,

Managed to find previous post with copy of the paper form etc. so now have details on requirements.

Another question I have is if it is possible to simply travel to the UK for a week or 2 to visit my family, which would show we had been "resident for 1 day in the last 6 months", request the paper form to be sent to my families address, return to Republic of Ireland and continue working here etc. as we have been, send the application form from here once my family has passed it on to us, then just wait for the decision as we carry on our lives here in the Republic of Ireland? We are very happy in our jobs here and saving plenty to buy a house in the future, so would be preferable to carry on as we are and not need to be looking for work in the UK just yet.

I spoke to 2 different people at the Resolution centre and they both said there would be no issue with this, but I like many others do not trust everything they advise!

For clarity, I am a British citizen, my wife non-eu, we should hopefully have the EEA Family Permit in the next 2 or 3 weeks (according to estimated time given), and would be applying for pre-settled status as we have not lived together in UK, only made a few visits.

Mdml07
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by Mdml07 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:35 am

Hello everyone

I would like to update my timeline so you can have an idea about how things are currently going.

Form received by HO: 14th Oct 2019
Passport returned: 22nd Oct 2019
Biometrics letter received: 22nd Oct 2019
Biometrics enrolled: 24th Oct 2019
COA: 5th Nov 2019
Approval email received: 18th Feb 2020
BRC received (Pre-settled status): 20th Feb 2020

I wish you all good luck! From what I can notice, HO is taking around 20 weeks from Biometrics to decide at the moment.

All the best x

foggyhorse
Newly Registered

Post by foggyhorse » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:37 am

RepublicofScot2020 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:06 pm
foggyhorse wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:23 pm
Hi all,

Thanks in advance,
Craig
Hi Craig,

My Non-EEA wife and I went through a similar route (Surinder Singh route route via Austria) & timescales. She has an EEA residence card and applied for settled status in December 2019.

The card should be enough and the Surinder Singh route paper application form you need to fill in should be straightforward. You and your partner though will probably have to also submit proof of UK residence for the last 5 years. My wife and I just sent of copies of the last 5 years worth of council tax bills, which so far seems to be enough.

No need to send all that centre of life nonsense again which I presume you did when you received a family permit 5 years ago... 8)

Good luck and please keep us updated how you get on.

RepublicofScot2020

timeline:
Nov 2014: Family permit issued
Jan 2015: Residence card issued
Nov 2019: Surinder Singh Settled status application form submitted
Dec 2019: bio
8 Jan 2020: COA received
settled status: waiting...
Hi RepublicofScot2020,

Thanks. This is helpful. We're planning to submit council tax bills, bank statements and a few other bits and bobs to prove residence for the full five years.

One additional question. It seems you had to do biometrics? Reading the form, my take was that this was not necessary if you already possessed an EEA residence card?

Cheers,
Craig

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:03 am

Hi,
Application form received 25/01/2020
Application submitted 30/01/2020
Passport returned 10/02/2020 with biometric letter
Biometric submitted 11/02/2020
COA not received yet

Khansaid
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Khansaid » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:43 pm

fazkhan wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:58 am
Khansaid wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:18 am
Airfan wrote:
Khansaid wrote:

Hi Airfan

Regards
Hi Airfan

Regards
Hi would I also need to prove of job in the UK or my British suponser need to prove of job?
Hi

Actually I am not sure. As for as I am aware only the EU citizen need to start working in the first three months. Better make sure though.

ryuzaki

Post by ryuzaki » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:59 pm

Mdml07 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:35 am
Hello everyone

I would like to update my timeline so you can have an idea about how things are currently going.

I wish you all good luck! From what I can notice, HO is taking around 20 weeks from Biometrics to decide at the moment.

All the best x
Thanks for that. we applied before you and still have not received a decision.

Did you do anything to hurry them up or just wait? I called but they couldn't tell me anything, thinking of trying my MP although she is fairly useless.

Mdml07
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by Mdml07 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:22 pm

ryuzaki wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:59 pm
Mdml07 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:35 am
Hello everyone

All the best x
Thanks for that. we applied before you and still have not received a decision.

Did you do anything to hurry them up or just wait? I called but they couldn't tell me anything, thinking of trying my MP although she is fairly useless.
Hello

All I did so far during all these 4 months was sending two emails to the centre and phoned them once in January. I went to visit my MP and left my details but she didnt get back to me confirming she contacted the EU Resolution Centre, so I cannot assure you that she did it for now. In my opinion, its worth trying.