ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring daughter (above18) for short term visit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Npa
Newly Registered

Sponsoring daughter (above18) for short term visit

Post by Npa » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:27 am

Hello all,
I am on Tier 2 general visa and my visa period is till Sept 2021.
My husband’s visa was issued in December 2019 and is currently here in the U.K. with me.
I wish to sponsor my daughter for short term visit(1.5 months) in May.
My queries are:
1. Could I sponsor her in first week of Feb? Since my husbands visa is granted recently, could that create any negative impact on my child’s visa?

2. Wt visa criteria would it be? Tier 2 family visitor? Or general visitor?

3. Wt are the documents as well as other requirements? For example how much funds to be shown?

4. I’m in a profession that needs criminal record checks. Does she need one if she above 18 and is visiting me for short term?

Any other guidance would be much appreciated too.
Thank you 🙏😊

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sponsoring daughter (above18) for short term visit

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:41 am

For a visitor visa, she would have to prove her strong ties to home country (social, study, employment, family etc), which will be difficult if her parents are recently arrived in the uk.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Npa
Newly Registered

Post by Npa » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:25 pm

“For a visitor visa, she would have to prove her strong ties to home country (social, study, employment, family etc), which will be difficult if her parents are recently arrived in the uk.”

I am in the U.K. since 2017. My husband joined me now on PBS partner dependent visa in December.

My daughter is already studying dentistry in her 3rd year in home country. She will have fees paid receipt and bonafide certificate from University.

Thus we wish to call her in May (during her summer break). But we are planning to do her visas early.

Hence, do you recommend we should not apply for the visas now and apply for a later date?

Any guidance for documents requirement for visitor visas?

Npa
Newly Registered

Post by Npa » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:51 am

Please could someone guide here, I would be grateful!!
Thank you

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:35 am

Hello

You joined recently (2017 is recently) and your husband moved last month as dependent. You need a visitor visa for your 18 year old daughter. To any outside viewer, it looks like you are relocating the entire family to the UK. Note, I am not blaming you for that. But just sharing with you how it sounds.

There is always a good deal of randomness about visitor visas. But the probability of this one being successful appears very low to me.

Beyond her studies (which are a very good things), she needs to show more and stronger ties.

If you all left and she is alone at home, they will refuse her visa and ask her not to apply in the future unless her circumstances dramatically change. You really don't want to be in that situation.

Npa
Newly Registered

Post by Npa » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:57 pm

Thank you for replying. This is disappointing news and this is not what we wish for.

Since she will still be studying 2more years there, how could we go about this and when could we apply as a visitor only.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:33 pm

Npa wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:57 pm
Thank you for replying. This is disappointing news and this is not what we wish for.

Since she will still be studying 2more years there, how could we go about this and when could we apply as a visitor only.
Who remained at home? Does she has any siblings staying back home or is she the only person from your household outside the UK?

Npa
Newly Registered

Post by Npa » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:46 pm

She is the only child left in home country.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:11 am

Npa wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:46 pm
She is the only child left in home country.
As you describe it, your daughter has more ties in the UK than in her home country.

You can always try for a visitor visa but from the look of it, the risk of refusal is higher than typical for this one.

Npa
Newly Registered

Post by Npa » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:43 pm

Thanks again Zerubbabel.
I am little anxious about it now. But will have to think it through. Thank you again for your time and valuable input.
🙏

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:51 pm

You have to think carefully before you try.

With UK visitor visa, your first shot has to be right. Because once they refuse, they will have a bias against further applications unless many years have passed and the situation changed dramatically.

It's a risk to take. You have to have a talk and ask also your daughter about what she thinks about it.

Again, there is no certainty.