ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Adult passport UK: Issues with online application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Andy12
Mood:
India

First Adult passport UK: Issues with online application

Post by Andy12 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:07 pm

Hi there,

Having recently been granted the UK citizenship, ran away to apply for the first adult UK passport online. Only to stumble upon to a technical problem. I started completing the form and came to the point where they ask the town of birth. The district I was born has a number in it, and this particular field does not allow numbers! only text. Although my naturalisation certificate has the number 24, I tried typing twenty four and then ran out of space in that field.. :| :| :| :| ...

Chatted with the HMPO chat service agent and the lady mentioned I should type everything else and then write a letter describing the issue and send this letter with my supporting documents.

Appreciate this could be rare but has anyone faced this situation? would be great to know what worked for you or how did you apply in the end.

Also, what happens if I use passport check and send online service? will they face the same issue?

Thank you.

Amber
Mood:

Re: First Adult passport UK: Issues with online application

Post by Amber » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:37 am

E.g. If it’s twenty four write two four.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Andy12
Mood:
India

Post by Andy12 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:16 pm

Amber wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:37 am
E.g. If it’s twenty four write two four.
Thanks Amber. I have tried that but the space given to enter text is pretty limited :( ...

for an example,

My naturalisation certificate has

Place and country of Birth: ABCDEFGH VWXYZ 24 ABC, India.

When I am trying to enter this information on the portal, it is asking for Town of Birth.

I am now entering

ABCDEFGH VWXYZ TWOFOUR A (ran out of space)...

So the only way I can enter the full thing there if I omit the space in between... i.e.

ABCDEFGH VWXYZTWOFOUR ABC

Same with my parents' details as well. Their place of birth is similar to mine in number of characters. Any thoughts, please?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:23 pm

Use paper application