ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR via Tier 2 (general)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Daniel_CR17
Newly Registered
Costa Rica

ILR via Tier 2 (general)

Post by Daniel_CR17 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:18 pm

Hi Immigration boards,

First time poster here.

Applying for ILR under Tier 2 (General) after having lived/worked here for 5 years.

I have been revieweing my documentations (including my old BRP scans, and old Home Office acceptance letters).

My first Tier 2 BRP has a start date of 27 Jan 2015 (I have the Home office letter, and BRP scan to confirm this)

My second Tier 2 BRP has a valid until date of 26 Feb 2020 (I have the Home office letter, and current BRP to confirm this)

This time period adds up to a total of 5 years, 1 month (according to https://www.timeanddate.com/date/durati ... 2020&ti=on)

Does this mean that the home office made a mistake? I thought the time period of leave allowed under Tier 2 (General) was 5 years. I have 5 years and 1 month. It looks like the Home Office has allowed me one more month?

Should I be worried, or should I continue with my plan to apply before the 'valid until' date in my current BRP (26 Feb 2020)

Wikileaks
Newly Registered

Re: ILR - Home Office error in calculating 'valid until'

Post by Wikileaks » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:30 pm

Enjoy your extra one month buddy. I don't see any problem here.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:43 pm

First of all, Tier 2 visa is granted for max of 6 years in total. Also, your ILR eligibility is based on the qualifying period starting from your first visa issue date. The expiry date of the current visa is irrelevant
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Daniel_CR17
Newly Registered
Costa Rica

Post by Daniel_CR17 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:05 pm

Thanks to all - really helped to clear this one out quickly. Good to hear there wasnt a sort of mistake I should be worried about. :)

Daniel_CR17
Newly Registered
Costa Rica

Name and Last name - consistency if evidence documents

Post by Daniel_CR17 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:30 pm

Hi all,

I'm applying for ILR via Tier 2 (general) end of Feb.

Have got most of my documents in order. To meet my language requirement, I am going to use a Master's degree I got at an UK NARIC accredited University. However, there is an inconsistency in the NAME and LAST NAME format on the University Degree.

Example:
All my documents, including passport, BRP, etc. register my name as:
First name: Daniel
Last name: Smith Richards

But my university degree reads:
First name: Daniel
Last name: Smith
(the University degree ommits the 'Richards')

Would this be a problem?

Daniel_CR17
Newly Registered
Costa Rica

Re: Name and Last name - consistency if evidence documents

Post by Daniel_CR17 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:33 pm

The IELTS, which I also completed prior to getting this degree, also has the same First and Last Name consistency problem.

HOWEVER, the IELTS certificate includes a photo of me - so hopefully that would solve the problem?

Thanks a lot!

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR via Tier 2 (general)

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:32 am

It should not be an issue if you got a NARIC certificate. Old IELTS can only be used if it was used before and the test center is still approved
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Daniel_CR17
Newly Registered
Costa Rica

Post by Daniel_CR17 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:17 am

Thank you again Zimba (and apologies for creating a new thread).

This issue with the inconsistency in my name/last name sometimes makes me nervous as I know how strict they can be. I will proceed with my existing degree, and hoping it doesnt raise any eyebrows.

Just to double check, by 'NARIC certificate' what do you mean? I have a degree from Oxford University from 2013-14.

Thanks,
Daniel

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:27 pm

Daniel_CR17 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:17 am
Thank you again Zimba (and apologies for creating a new thread).

This issue with the inconsistency in my name/last name sometimes makes me nervous as I know how strict they can be. I will proceed with my existing degree, and hoping it doesnt raise any eyebrows.

Just to double check, by 'NARIC certificate' what do you mean? I have a degree from Oxford University from 2013-14.

Thanks,
Daniel
If you have UK degree, you should be fine. NARIC certificate is for non UK university degrees

Daniel_CR17
Newly Registered
Costa Rica

Post by Daniel_CR17 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:03 pm

Perfect - thank you Zimba :)

Daniel_CR17
Newly Registered
Costa Rica

Post by Daniel_CR17 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:51 pm

Hi Zimba,

I applied Wednesday Jan 29th, and was able to get a UKVCAS appointment at Croydon on Friday Jan 31st, 0730 (I wasnt anticipating to be able to get an appointment so soon!). I had to pay an additional £100 for this appointment.

I showed up to my appointment for biometrics scans. I had payed for super priority service.

By noon of the Friday the 31st (only a few hours after my apportionment), I received an email saying my application was successful.

I wanted to thank you and all the experts on this forum. If does make this whole process a lot easier. If you use the search function and go through previous responses, you are almost guaranteed to find someone which had your exact same question, and can get an answer.

Thanks!!!!! :)