ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

stamp4 eufam extension

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jet2000
Newly Registered
Ireland

stamp4 eufam extension

Post by jet2000 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:06 pm

Hello,

We been in Ireland for the past 5 years British and non Eu

Non EU applied for citizenship with 5 month left on the stamp4

The question is will it be ok, to apply using the EU1 form again as we don't want to go through the EU3 hassle especially that we don't need the PR

PS: we are aware that the EU3 form is better but we would prefer to fill the EU1 if its possible/allowed

mmsa
Mood:

Re: stamp4 eufam extension

Post by mmsa » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:23 pm

jet2000 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:06 pm
Hello,

The question is will it be ok, to apply using the EU1 form again as we don't want to go through the EU3 hassle especially that we don't need the PR

PS: we are aware that the EU3 form is better but we would prefer to fill the EU1 if its possible/allowed
What do you mean by PR?

As far as I know you can apply for the EU1 but from what I know turnover is somewhat similar.

jet2000
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jet2000 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:51 pm

mmsa wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:23 pm
jet2000 wrote:
Hello,

What do you mean by PR?

As far as I know you can apply for the EU1 but from what I know turnover is somewhat similar.
pr : permanent residence

plus yeah turn over similar but EU3 requires way more documents that's why I was wondering if I applied for EU1 again will it be refused asking me to submit EU3

or its ok to submit either EU1 or EU3

nomade
Newly Registered
Mood:
Cameroon

Post by nomade » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:34 am

Hi,

From my experience you can only apply on EU1 once. The subsequent application can only be EU3. The guideline is to apply 6 months before the expiry of IRP. I would suggest you send in the EU3 form as soon as possible. My application took 10 months to be processed and a couple of extensions since my IRP had expired. Perhaps other members tried with EU1 twice and can share their experiences. Good luck with it. :)

jet2000
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jet2000 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:13 pm

nomade wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:34 am
Hi,

From my experience you can only apply on EU1 once. The subsequent application can only be EU3. The guideline is to apply 6 months before the expiry of IRP. I would suggest you send in the EU3 form as soon as possible. My application took 10 months to be processed and a couple of extensions since my IRP had expired. Perhaps other members tried with EU1 twice and can share their experiences. Good luck with it. :)
Hello, Thank you for your reply, Did you try applying for EU1 again or know anyone who did ?

nomade
Newly Registered
Mood:
Cameroon

Post by nomade » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:10 pm

Hello again,

No I didn’t try to apply again using EU1 form. But I emailed EU Treaty Rights section and asked them how to go about renewing my stamp4eufam after residing for 5 years as a spouse of an EU national. They replied that I should use EU3 form. But circumstances are different and the only way to know for sure is to contact them directly. You still have 5 months left so the sooner you do it the better. And no I don’t know anyone who has tried to submit an EU1 form after residing for 5 years.

awafeks
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by awafeks » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:18 pm

jet2000 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:51 pm
mmsa wrote:
jet2000 wrote:
Hello,

What do you mean by PR?

plus yeah turn over similar but EU3 requires way more documents that's why I was wondering if I applied for EU1 again will it be refused asking me to submit EU3

Yes you can apply for EU1 again, i did apply again after 5 years because i didn't have more documents for EU3, so i applied for EU 1 again and they gave 6month temp after 2 weeks and another 5 years again before my temporary expired . But i think you have to include all your document for the past years too .

jet2000
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jet2000 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:32 pm

awafeks wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:18 pm
jet2000 wrote:
mmsa wrote:
jet2000 wrote:
Hello,

What do you mean by PR?

Yes you can apply for EU1 again, i did apply again after 5 years because i didn't have more documents for EU3, so i applied for EU 1 again and they gave 6month temp after 2 weeks and another 5 years again before my temporary expired . But i think you have to include all your document for the past years too .
Thank you for your reply, If you don't mind me asking

was it recent ? and if not do you think anything changed since?

also what extra documents they asked for on top of what I sent on the first time

awafeks
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by awafeks » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:57 pm

jet2000 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:32 pm
awafeks wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:18 pm
jet2000 wrote:
mmsa wrote:

What do you mean by PR?

Thank you for your reply, If you don't mind me asking

was it recent ? and if not do you think anything changed since?

also what extra documents they asked for on top of what I sent on the first time
Yes it was recently just got my 5 years november last year, i submitted around May last year ,i applied 2weeks before my first 5 year expired ,i applied late because i was confused like you ,i couldn't go for eu 3 cos i did not have the whole 5years document ..so i went to solicitor and he said it doesn't matter that i can still apply for eu 1 again which he did. Two weeks after i applied they gave me 6 months temporal, then i applied for citizenship . November i was given my 5years .

Extra documents: just same document jus like the first time ..just fill out the eu 1 form again and submit the necesary document they request for in the form. Or better just meet with a solicitor to put you through.