ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Luas Fine - Assessment of Good Character for Irish Citizenship through Naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

asap800
Newly Registered
Ireland

Luas Fine - Assessment of Good Character for Irish Citizenship through Naturalisation

Post by asap800 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:10 pm

Hi folks,

I was fined €45 on the Luas for forgetting to tap/tag my Leap card. It happened when I was new to Dublin and thought the Leap card was supposed to be tapped/tagged inside the tram, as is the case in other countries. It was a one-off. I paid it online within a few hours of getting it. It is the only irregularity in my behaviour in my entire life. I have never even had any parking fine, forget about conviction for anything.

The UK application for naturalisation says that fixed penalty notices like railway/tram/underground fines are not taken into consideration/overlooked in the assessment of good character. Similar is the case in Canada and Australia.

I was wondering, is it the same in the Republic of Ireland? Has anyone ever been assigned a rail/tram fine in Ireland, but their Irish citizenship (through naturalisation) application was approved after mentioning it in the application?

Any information on the same would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!