ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I still use my Current/Saving account Bank in UK after my Tier 4 visa expired?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alex132
- thin ice -

Can I still use my Current/Saving account Bank in UK after my Tier 4 visa expired?

Post by alex132 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:58 am

My Tier 4 visa expired in Feb 2020, can I still hold and use my bank Current Account and Saving Account?
I plan to keep some money here and in case I am back here to UK in future?

Thanks.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Can I still use my Current/Saving account Bank in UK after my Tier 4 visa expired?

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:50 am

Hello

It's between you and the bank. Nothing to do with immigration. It's like having a phone on contract: can you keep it after your leave expires? After all, it's just a service.

Some banks may forget about you. Some other, may ask you to update your details from time to time. If they realise you are not in the country, some may offer to switch to a non resident account (mind the fees!!!), some may freeze it, some may close it...

I recommend going to see them and tell them you are leaving the country and what are your options to keep the account.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I still use my Current/Saving account Bank in UK after my Tier 4 visa expired?

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:50 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.