ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Promotion/Salary increase for CSEP holders

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Burti16
Newly Registered
Ireland

Promotion/Salary increase for CSEP holders

Post by Burti16 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:56 am

Hi All
I just couldn't find any policy about this and what's more annoying is that DBEI contact center can't give me an exact answer.I'm hoping one of members might have similar case in the past
My current employer offered me another position and of course higher salary than what's written on my CSEP. Do I need to re-apply CSEP with the new title and salary?
Thanks

kupuser
Ireland

Re: Promotion/Salary increase for CSEP holders

Post by kupuser » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:26 am

Probably not. As long as your role is within the scope of your permit (employer and category of skills etc) you don't need to apply a new permit while working for the same employer.

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:15 am

I am not a lawyer but this happened to me and it never crossed my mind it would be an issue. It never came up as a problem when I went to stamp IV at least.

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:40 pm

It can only be an issue if the new employment is significantly different to the one for which the permit was obtained. For example if someone got a permit to work as an IT expert but later switched to a totally different field.

dublin3e
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by dublin3e » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:48 pm

it happened to one of my colleague where the job title (in docs submitted for S4 support letter) is different compared to what is in critical skills work permit.

they approved after getting a clarification from company directly later.

so it's always good to have same job title for the support letter. if not a justification letter from company for the change in job title might work.