ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependents under 5 years old

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amralieg
Newly Registered

ILR for dependents under 5 years old

Post by amralieg » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:57 pm

Hi All, I need your advice on this situation.
Me, my wife and my older kid got Tier 2 visa in 2015, we are supposed to apply for ILR in May 2020. my youngest kid, however, was born in 2016 outside the UK, and his visa is valid till May 2020. the question is can he join us and apply to ILR to him as well (he will have 4 years stayed in the UK by then), or I apply for ILR to me, the wife and his older brother, and extend his visa for another year? need your advice on this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for dependents under 5 years old

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:19 pm

There is no 5 year minimum residence for children. They qualify to apply for ilr when the parents do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amralieg
Newly Registered

Re: ILR for dependents under 5 years old

Post by amralieg » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:36 pm

Thanks for your response, that make sense.