ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER2 Settlement - *** Need Help***

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Agha Jil
Newly Registered

TIER2 Settlement - *** Need Help***

Post by Agha Jil » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:18 pm

Hi All

I got TIER2 work permit in 2015 for 5 years. It is due to expire in 10 days. I have not yet done Life in the UK test and have not been able to book it for a date before visa expiry. I was off sick for a long period. My questions are as follow;

1) Will my sickness affect my settlement application as I did not get paid for the prolonged sickness (almost 9 months)
2) If I do not take the settlement route, can my employer still extend/re-issue new COS (TIER 2 visa) as they are willing to offer me employment for foreseeable future.
3) If i apply for settlement without taking Life in the UK test, can i mention in a cover letter explaining that I have booked the test and will be sending the pass certificate once passed on a specific date after putting the application.
4) I have only recently recovered from sickness and need some time finalizing and gathering all the documents. Is there any other visa category that i can apply in the meanwhile and prepare my documents for ILR

many thanks in advance
A J

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: TIER2 Settlement - *** Need Help***

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:30 pm

Liuk and English is mandatory for ilr.

You can extend your visa for another 1, max 6 years total on tier 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.