ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entrepreneur Extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pokekap07
Newly Registered

Entrepreneur Extension

Post by pokekap07 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:09 pm

Hi everyone,
I have approx 1 year left for my Ent. visa extension. I was just checking the .gov page and saw you have to apply online. Are we supposed to apply online from now on? :?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Entrepreneur Extension Online Application?

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:19 pm

Are we supposed to apply online from now on?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pokekap07
Newly Registered

FPS Submissions weekly/monthly

Post by pokekap07 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:06 pm

Hi everyone :roll: ,
Just a quick question:
Does it matter if the fps are weekly or monthly? I run my payroll monthly.

Many Thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Re: FPS Submissions weekly/monthly

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:45 pm

pokekap07 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:06 pm
Hi everyone :roll: ,
Just a quick question:
Does it matter if the fps are weekly or monthly? I run my payroll monthly.

Many Thanks!
Monthly is fine
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

pokekap07
Newly Registered

Re: Entrepreneur Extension

Post by pokekap07 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:36 pm

Thank you for the quick response moderators. Eternally grateful. I for one do not undermine the work you all do for so many people with important immigration matters.

I had a question about FPS/RTI submissions.
My accountant uses SAGE for those payments which shows all the details including Name of my company on top, employee name, payment method/frequency, NI, Net Pay and so on. I do also get p32 and payslips from my accountant every month.

Is there anything I need to know beforehand so I am well prepared before my application for next year? :?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:24 pm

pokekap07 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:36 pm
Thank you for the quick response moderators. Eternally grateful. I for one do not undermine the work you all do for so many people with important immigration matters.

I had a question about FPS/RTI submissions.
My accountant uses SAGE for those payments which shows all the details including Name of my company on top, employee name, payment method/frequency, NI, Net Pay and so on. I do also get p32 and payslips from my accountant every month.

Is there anything I need to know beforehand so I am well prepared before my application for next year? :?
Going by the feedback from others, SAGE did not generate the RTI as specified by HO. You should ask your accountant for the XML RTI submission file which has all the info HO needs.

P32 is not a specified document
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

pokekap07
Newly Registered

Post by pokekap07 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi Marcnath,
I have both the FPS Report and the XML file (XML file shows Name, NI Pay Date, Tax Month, PAYE, etc).

Is this fine?

Thanks for the heads up! :o

pokekap07
Newly Registered

Post by pokekap07 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:20 pm

Hi Macrcnath/Moderators,
Just to clarify, my accountant sends me 3 things every month:
1) FPS Report (Does show company name, net pay, payment method, NI/PAYE amounts, etc)
2) XML File showing Name, PAYE, NIC, etc (does not show net pay)
3) FPS Submission log (with a correlation ID, Date/Time of Submission, etc)

Will this be sufficient or do you recommend I use something like moneysoft instead of Sage?

Thanks again!

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:56 pm

pokekap07 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:20 pm
Hi Macrcnath/Moderators,
Just to clarify, my accountant sends me 3 things every month:
1) FPS Report (Does show company name, net pay, payment method, NI/PAYE amounts, etc)
2) XML File showing Name, PAYE, NIC, etc (does not show net pay)
3) FPS Submission log (with a correlation ID, Date/Time of Submission, etc)

Will this be sufficient or do you recommend I use something like moneysoft instead of Sage?

Thanks again!
No. 3 is irrelevant.

2 should be sufficient.

The requirements state that the FPS report has to show all payments and deductions. If 1 shows that, it should also be ok.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

pokekap07
Newly Registered

Post by pokekap07 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:23 pm

Hi marcnath,
Thanks for the replies! You probably don't know this but you helped me get my Ent initial visa when I switched from the graduate entrepreneur visa. Not sure if I lost my previous login or something. :cry:

The Company Records Report shows all the details including net pay. Payslip does too.
I will provide both the report and the fps XML page. The xml, however, doesn't show the net pay but does show start date, NI, Paye contributions, etc. If you put the wage slips with these 2 pages, the caseworker can get a complete overview.

Would this be too much of risk rather than simply using another software life moneysoft which has everything ng required?

My accountant also told me his previous client got a successful extension with the above-mentioned documents! :shock: :?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:59 am

pokekap07 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:23 pm
Hi marcnath,
Thanks for the replies! You probably don't know this but you helped me get my Ent initial visa when I switched from the graduate entrepreneur visa. Not sure if I lost my previous login or something. :cry:

The Company Records Report shows all the details including net pay. Payslip does too.
I will provide both the report and the fps XML page. The xml, however, doesn't show the net pay but does show start date, NI, Paye contributions, etc. If you put the wage slips with these 2 pages, the caseworker can get a complete overview.

Would this be too much of risk rather than simply using another software life moneysoft which has everything ng required?

My accountant also told me his previous client got a successful extension with the above-mentioned documents! :shock: :?
It shouldn't matter

pokekap07
Newly Registered

Job Query

Post by pokekap07 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:14 am

Hi moderators,
I have a question about jobs and hours.

Let's say I have an employee who has worked 8 hours a day for 3 weeks but takes the last week off.
This means in a 4 week month period (i know some months are a 5week period) he/she has worked 120 hours.

Will this satisfy (4-week month in this scenario) as full-time employment for that given month?

It is just for one month that this has happened :? .

Many Thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Job Query

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:57 am

pokekap07 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:14 am
Hi moderators,
I have a question about jobs and hours.

Let's say I have an employee who has worked 8 hours a day for 3 weeks but takes the last week off.
This means in a 4 week month period (i know some months are a 5week period) he/she has worked 120 hours.

Will this satisfy (4-week month in this scenario) as full-time employment for that given month?

It is just for one month that this has happened :? .

Many Thanks!
That is not how you should view it. As long as an employee working min 30 hours or more per week it is full time. Paid time off must be treated as if during that time the employee worked as normal. As long as an employee worked 30 or more hours per week
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

pokekap07
Newly Registered

Post by pokekap07 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:11 pm

Hi Zimba,
The 1 week off was unpaid. In that given 4-week month he/she worked 120 hours in total.
The payslip doesn't show weeks, just the units of hours which is 120 for that month.

Is this fine? :? :shock:

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:05 pm

Not necessarily because any hours worked for more than 30 per week is ignored. This is why you should only count the weeks worked and ignore the months. How many weeks did they work which was at least 30 hours per week ? As long as they have 52 weeks you should be fine.

pokekap07
Newly Registered

Post by pokekap07 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:43 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:05 pm
Not necessarily because any hours worked for more than 30 per week is ignored. This is why you should only count the weeks worked and ignore the months. How many weeks did they work which was at least 30 hours per week ? As long as they have 52 weeks you should be fine.
Hi Zimba,
I will extend one more week just to be safe on my side.
Just a quick question:
How do I report to the immigration if it is 120 hours a month (30 hours weekly) or that they have worked 8 hours for only 3 weeks? (8*5 *3=120). I do my payslips monthly so it doesn't show weeks.

Many Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:32 am

You do not report anything. The form will ask you about the hourly rate of your workers. They use that to work out how many hours they worked and whether you paid them correctly
(No of weeks worked * 30 * hourly rate) >= (Total salary paid)

pokekap07
Newly Registered

Post by pokekap07 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:52 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:32 am
You do not report anything. The form will ask you about the hourly rate of your workers. They use that to work out how many hours they worked and whether you paid them correctly
(No of weeks worked * 30 * hourly rate) >= (Total salary paid)
Thanks for the prompt reply Zimba.
Two things:
1) I am planning to increase salary for one of my staff. What value should I use on the hourly rate section?
2) Another staff works 30-40 hours a week (sometimes 4 days/sometimes 5). Is this okay? Also, I think if a previous week covers hours for another, it's still okay since monthly payslips will always show >120 or 130 hours.

Many Thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:48 pm

1) I am planning to increase salary for one of my staff. What value should I use on the hourly rate section?
You have enter the periods separately
2) Another staff works 30-40 hours a week (sometimes 4 days/sometimes 5). Is this okay? Also, I think if a previous week covers hours for another, it's still okay since monthly payslips will always show >120 or 130 hours.
It should be fine

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:58 pm

pokekap07 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:43 pm
Zimba wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:05 pm
Hi Zimba,
I will extend one more week just to be safe on my side.
Just a quick question:
How do I report to the immigration if it is 120 hours a month (30 hours weekly) or that they have worked 8 hours for only 3 weeks? (8*5 *3=120). I do my payslips monthly so it doesn't show weeks.

Many Thanks.
You do not have to report hours worked. You report the salary and the hourly wage. HO divides one by the other to work out the hours. When you have odd conditions like unpaid days, add that in the cover letter or a separate note to explain.

pokekap07
Newly Registered

Post by pokekap07 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:39 pm

Thanks for all the help moderatos (Marcnath & Zimba)
Also, I have a few questions:
1) Another employee is starting their job this week but said they will require 2-3 weeks to get their p45. When will the start date be shown? I want it to be from this week. Do I have to wait for the p45?
2) Can my employe work another job as long as they are doing 30 hours/week?

Many Thanks!

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:34 am

pokekap07 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:39 pm
Thanks for all the help moderatos (Marcnath & Zimba)
Also, I have a few questions:
1) Another employee is starting their job this week but said they will require 2-3 weeks to get their p45. When will the start date be shown? I want it to be from this week. Do I have to wait for the p45?
2) Can my employe work another job as long as they are doing 30 hours/week?

Many Thanks!
1) they can start now
2) yes

pokekap07
Newly Registered

Director Furloghed?

Post by pokekap07 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:08 pm

Hi moderators,
Even with the corona crisis, I still managed to pay my staff for the last 2months since I didn't want to delay my visa extension process (meaning I didn't want to opt-in for the temporary extensin by furloughing my employees).
However, I did furlough myself(Director) for that time. Will this be an issue? :shock: If so cant I just submit payslips of my employees and not mine?

Many Thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Director Furloghed?

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:10 am

You employment status on the company payroll is irrelevant under Tier 1E rules

pokekap07
Newly Registered

Emergency Situation: Flight

Post by pokekap07 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:51 pm

Hi moderatos,
I am going to extend my Entrepreneur Visa in November. However, due to an emergency situation, I have to fly back to my country for some time.
I would really appreciate it if you could let me know what options I have?

Can I travel when I have only 6months left on my Entrepreneur Visa?
Can I apply for an extension from my home country instead of coming back to the UK first?

Thank you so much.