ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents Letter of Consent - parents in two countries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kyatezz

Parents Letter of Consent - parents in two countries

Post by kyatezz » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:32 am

Hello

We are applying for a UK Tier 2 General Dependant Visa for our child who is born in India.

Mother is in India & I am in UK. We are applying for the visa so that they can join me in UK. I am a Tier 2 Gen dependant on my wife’s visa.

Now one of the support documents is a “Letter of Consent“. Can I sign the letter (got a template) and send a pdf to my wife who can print & sign in India? Or do I have to post the signed letter so that she can submit the original? Prefer the earlier option if that’s acceptable. We both have the legal responsibility as we are married & have our marriage certificate as evidence. Thanks in advance.

Letter of consent from your parent(s) or legal guardian(s)
A letter of consent that confirms:
the relationship between you and your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) consent from your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) to the application consent from your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) to the living arrangements in the United Kingdom and the address where you will be staying
whether one or both of your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) have responsibility for you
Both parents/legal guardians must sign the letter, except where only one parent/legal guardian has sole responsibility for you.