ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two visa applications at the same time

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

notanalt
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Two visa applications at the same time

Post by notanalt » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:59 pm

Hi all

I've checked the threads so far and couldn't find anything that matches my question:

I'm currently employed by employer A on a three year, tier 2, visa. My visa with them expires at the end of March although they've started the process to extend my visa.

In the meantime, I've been offered a new role with employer B. They have said they intend to transfer (not sure if that's the right word in this case) my visa to them.

My understanding is that employer B will also apply to 'extend' my visa but under a new employer.

I'm not sure what to do in this situation. I don't want to resign from employer A before employer B confirms my visa is sorted. But, as I'm running out of time with my visa to employer A I don't want to be left in limbo with no visa at all.

Has anyone seen this situation before? Does one application cancel out the other? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Two visa applications at the same time

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:15 am

You need a Cos from both to apply for a new visa. You cannot have two cos assigned to you. One of the employers will have to withdraw the cos before you can apply for the visa.

You cannot "transfer" your current visa to a new employer. It is a new visa application to extend as change of employment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

notanalt
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: Two visa applications at the same time

Post by notanalt » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:19 am

Hi CR001

Thanks so much for your reply.

So, it sounds like I need to let my current employer know that a new application will be made by employer B?

Before doing that I need to confirm the employer B CoS but is there anything else I should do to ensure I am not left in limbo?

Thanks again for your response.