ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Passport application.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vabel
Newly Registered
Guatemala

Online Passport application.

Post by vabel » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:15 pm

Hello all

Has anyone used the online application facility for your first passport?

Would you mind describing the process, timeline, etc. please?

Thanks.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Online Passport application.

Post by littlerr » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:38 pm

It is way much easier than filling out a paper application. You fill in your details online and it gives you a list of documents that you need to send. You send it away and that’s about it.

If you are worried about the online process, you can still choose the traditional paper application / Passport Express service. Last time when I checked the Passport Express is still one or two days quicker than the online application if you live in Ireland.

altalb
Albania

Post by altalb » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:51 pm

My husband used the fist time passport application online after the December 2019 ceremony. Very straight forward application. Got the passport printed and sent in our address 3 days after they received the documents.
We live in Ireland (Dublin) if that matters in this case.

vabel
Newly Registered
Guatemala

Post by vabel » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:46 am

Thanks guys, I was concerned that it would take a long time but it seems to be straight forward enough.

coder
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by coder » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:08 pm

littlerr wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:38 pm
It is way much easier than filling out a paper application. You fill in your details online and it gives you a list of documents that you need to send. You send it away and that’s about it.

If you are worried about the online process, you can still choose the traditional paper application / Passport Express service. Last time when I checked the Passport Express is still one or two days quicker than the online application if you live in Ireland.
hey,
thanks for the info
can you save the online application while filling it up if you need to print them out from other place somewhere?
Thank you
C

MKCG

Post by MKCG » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:43 pm

altalb wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:51 pm
My husband used the fist time passport application online after the December 2019 ceremony. Very straight forward application. Got the passport printed and sent in our address 3 days after they received the documents.
We live in Ireland (Dublin) if that matters in this case.
Is he Irish born or Irish via his parents or??
Just asking because my mum applied for her 1st Irish passport via her Irish dad and the passport tracker says it’s being processed and the estimated due date is start of March. What we don’t know is if this means that she has already passed the eligibility Checks etc and now its just a waiting game or if they still need to carry out further checks

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:30 pm

Hi.
What kind of documents are required for first time passport application? I mean which documents have to be submitted when posted?
Thanks