ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Royal Society endorsement

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jignasha210
Newly Registered
India

MSCA cofund Fellow need advice regarding Visa route.

Post by jignasha210 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:21 am

Hi,
I am from India, I am selected as MSCA cofund fellow by Republic of Ireland funding by a scientific institute in Dublin (Republic of Ireland) to perform research in Belfast (UK) for 18 months and the next 18 months in Dublin. This funding is candidate dependent. I will be paid directly by the Irish institute for the entire 36 month period but will live and work in Belfast for the first 18 months. I am having difficulties working out on which visa I need. Institute in Belfast (UK) is a sponsor for several Tier 2 visa holders but they have told me that they can not do that for me as they are not paying my salary. I think I do not seem to fit any of the Tier 5 categories either. Is Tier 1 exceptional talent visa the best fit for our circumstances or a visitor's visa that will need to be renewed or can the Irish Institute act as her Tier 2 sponsor? Your advice would be welcome but I have no official funding to pay for it. I have been struggling with this for a month now and it is getting urgent as the Irish Institute wish me to be in place by 1st April. I am very grateful to you if you can help in this regard
Thanking you

secret.simon

Re: MSCA cofund Fellow need advice regarding Visa route.

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:34 pm

jignasha210 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:21 am
a visitor's visa that will need to be renewed
You are not allowed to work on a visit visa and neither are you allowed to reside in the UK for long periods of time, by renewing the visit visa. Also visit visas cannot be renewed while you are already in the UK.
jignasha210 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:21 am
can the Irish Institute act as her Tier 2 sponsor
That may be possible, but the Irish Institute will need to apply to the UK Home Office to get licensed as a Tier 2 sponsor first.

There is a UK Research Office who seem to be the UK contact point for matters relating to COFUND. You may want to try contacting them for further advice.

You may also want to speak to the Irish scientific institute about restructuring your course to avoid crossing immigration borders, perhaps by incorporating Skype or other remote working options.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

jignasha210
Newly Registered
India

Royal Society endorsement

Post by jignasha210 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:09 pm

Hi,

I have been awarded an International Fellowship in January-2020 called Research Leaders-2025 (MSCA COFUND fellowship through the EU’s Horizon 2020 program) with the Irish Science Institute based in Dublin for 3 years which will be my employer for the entire 3-year period. But Initially, AFBI in the UK, will be my host for the first 18 months (Out going phase). This award has been given to me in order to develop me as a research leader, termed “Research Leaders 2025” (Veterinary diseases field).

I have completed my PhD in 2016 from India, after that 2 years of experience as a Research Associate and 1 year as a Scientist in Forest Research Institute. Also, I have 15 Publication. So, as per recently launched Global Talent Visa Route, I am eligible for applying in the Potential leader/Exceptional promise category.
and as per the information provided Royal society will review my application for the Endorsement.
I am very grateful to you If you could guide me about what types of documents I need for the Endorsement letter application. UK based host institute wish me to join before August 2020.

Total How many recommendation letters I have to get from the UK based Eminent Professor.?
What types of documents I will ask from my funding Institute (Ireland)?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Jignasha