ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengan multiple entry visa query

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gt23

Schengan multiple entry visa query

Post by gt23 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:39 pm

Hi

I am living in the UK with permanent residency (ILR). I have previously had schenegan visa for short stay single entry.

I have query-

I have booked holidays to Italy for last week of March for 5 days. Also, i am thinking to book second holiday end of April to Amsterdam/ Brussels? Italy trip will be a day longer than Amsterdam/Brussels.

My question is do i need to apply for schengan visa directly with vfs for multiple entry (one appointment) which covers both trips or direct with the embassy or separate visa for each trip?

Many thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Schengan multiple entry visa query

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:46 pm

Apply for a Schengen visa from the first country you would like to visit. They will then give you a visa hopefully long enough to cover all your intended trips.

Recently I have seen them delivering 3 months multiple entries to non-EEA citizens with ILR.

gt23

Post by gt23 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:59 pm

Hi

Thanks for your reply

So i can just apply directly through vfs London with one application for both trips or do i need to apply through. embassy?

Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:23 pm

Most Embassies won't allow you to apply directly with them.

They will direct you to VFS, Visametric or similar providers who would do all the handling for them. You will never see the Embassy. They will receive your application, process it then return it to VFS or by post to you.

gt23

Post by gt23 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:57 am

I am applying through vfs

Filling their application form -

It has questions

Country visiting- i have added Italy. No option to add another country

Total duration of stay - (not sure what to add here) 9 days or total end of march to end of april.

date of departure - do i need to add departure date from Italy or Amsterdam?

Not sure what to put for departure date end of march or end of april. I will be in Italy for 5 days at the end of march and 4 days in Amsterdam end of April. In between i will be back in the UK.

Thanks