ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In country tier 2 employer change

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fimirza
Newly Registered

Unrestricted CoS

Post by fimirza » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:08 pm

A company can assign unrestricted CoS at anytime or it goes through the same process as restricted CoS i.e. apply before 5th of the month and is processed on the first working Monday after?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Unrestricted CoS

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:16 pm

Anytime.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fimirza
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General - Change of Employer

Post by fimirza » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:42 pm

Hi,
I m working in the UK on. Tier 2 General visa expiring after 5 years in May 2021. My wife and 2 kids are on my dependent visa. Their visa will also expire at the same time with me.

I have received a new job offer who has already assigned me an unrestricted CoS. Now, I will be applying for the switch visa from within the UK. Do I need to change the visa of my dependents as well or they can remain on the old visa?

Also, what’s the right process to switch employer. Any hidden rules I should be careful about?

fimirza
Newly Registered

In country tier 2 employer change

Post by fimirza » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:59 pm

Hi,
I am in the UK on a tier 2 General visa. I have accepted a job from a different employer who is applying for my new visa. The employer has already assigned me a new unrestricted CoS.

When I apply for the new visa and God forbid if my application is rejected, what will be the status of my old visa? Will it be cancelled as well?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: In country tier 2 employer change

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:02 pm

Will it be cancelled as well
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fimirza
Newly Registered

Post by fimirza » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:50 pm

Thank you for the quick response. I have another question.
I haven’t resigned from my current job as I read in multiple threads to resign only after getting the visa. Let’s say I apply for the visa, my application is approved and I get the new visa valid from 15th March (just an example). On 15th March, what will be the status of my old visa? For how long can I work for my current employer after 15th March? My notice period is 1 month. Can I work for my current employer till 15th April after getting my new visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:58 pm

Your current visa will be cancelled when a new tier 2 visa is issued.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

fimirza
Newly Registered

Post by fimirza » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:09 pm

I have read in multiple threads that I cannot start my new job without getting the new BRP and it takes around 10 days to get the new BRP after the visa is issued.

If my old visa is cancelled once the new visa is issued, does it mean that I can’t work for either my new employer or the old one till the time I get the new BRP because I won’t have the new BRP to work for the new employer and as you said that my old visa will be cancelled, I won’t be able to work for the current employer as well?