ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do we need letter from employer for all leaves? (ILR question)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raviocean
India

Do we need letter from employer for all leaves? (ILR question)

Post by raviocean » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:09 pm

Hello,

I have a question related to ILR.

1. Do we need a letter from employer for all paid leaves or is it just required for leaves when the applicant went outside UK?

2. I changed my company last year and I didn't get any letter from my previous employer. I can try to get it now but will it be a problem if my previous employer don't give me a letter.

3. Can someone confirm if there is a limit on the number of paid leaves one can take? Asking because my employer provides unlimited holidays. Although I do no plan to take more than 28 days off (including bank holidays) but wanted to know if there is any limit on this by government?

I still have 20 months when I will be eligible for ILR but I came to know about the leaves and getting worried because I didn't get letter from my previous employer.

Thanks a lot.
Ravi

zimba
Mood:

Re: Do we need letter from employer for all leaves? (ILR question)

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:52 pm

1. All absences from work
2. You should try if you had more than 30 days in a year
3. No such limit. Only that you should have not been outside the UK for more than 180 days in one go
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:53 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply.

It is unlikely that my previous employer respond to my email let alone give me full list of leaves. No my leaves in one year were less than 30 days outside the UK.

1. My dependents were outside UK for more than 30 days in August 2018? Is there any justification needed for them?

2. I will contact my previous employer for the letter anyways, in case they don't reply and since my leaves outside were less than 30days in a year, what else can I do? Shall I write a letter myself and attach my passport stamps and salary slip?

Thanks a lot.
Ravi

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:38 am

1. My dependents were outside UK for more than 30 days in August 2018? Is there any justification needed for them?
No This has nothing to do with your dependants
2. I will contact my previous employer for the letter anyways, in case they don't reply and since my leaves outside were less than 30days in a year, what else can I do? Shall I write a letter myself and attach my passport stamps and salary slip?
If they were less than 30 days per residence year, you may ignore the letter
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:59 am

Thanks for the response.

My dates are as follows.

08/04/2017 to 16/04/2017: Annual paid leave
15/10/2017 to 18/10/2017: Business trip to France
26/11/2017 to 30/11/2017: Business trip to France
16/12/2017 to 25/12/2017: Annual paid leave
13/08/2018 to 03/09/2018: Annual paid leave

Total days (including end date): 29

1. Do these annual holidays outside UK include weekends and Bank holidays as well?
2. How do they calculate the absence days? leave from 8th Apr to 16 Apr is 8 days or 9 days?

Thanks,
Ravi

bhai86
Pakistan

Post by bhai86 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:05 am

1. Do these annual holidays outside UK include weekends and Bank holidays as well?
Two separate things:
  • Employer holidays letter is about absence from work (excluding bank/public holidays) whether you are in the country or not. You can ask the employer to mention any business travel outside UK on this letter.
  • Number of days outside UK (whether work or holiday) should not be greater than 180 days in any 12 months.
2. How do they calculate the absence days? leave from 8th Apr to 16 Apr is 8 days or 9 days?
Only count full days outside UK. If you are flying on 8th April then count from 9th April.