ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to tier4 from tier 2 ICT

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Harini789
Newly Registered
India

Switching to tier4 from tier 2 ICT

Post by Harini789 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:19 am

Hi,
I worked in UK last year from May to December with ICT tier 2 visa and had to travel back to my country as my project ended abruptly. I have plans of doing higher studies in UK and have below queries
1. Can I apply for tier 4 visa after getting admission in any college or is there any cooling off period
2. My existing ICT visa is valid till May 2021, should I do anything before applying for tier 4 visa (with respect to my existing visa)
Thank you for your response in adavance

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Switching to tier4 from tier 2 ICT

Post by sah10406 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:33 am

Harini789 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:19 am
1. Can I apply for tier 4 visa after getting admission in any college
Not any College. They must have a Tier 4 sponsor license and issue you with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies.
Harini789 wrote:
or is there any cooling off period
No. You are conflating Tier 2 and Tier 4 rules.
Harini789 wrote:
2. My existing ICT visa is valid till May 2021, should I do anything before applying for tier 4 visa (with respect to my existing visa)
No. Your Tier 2 sponsor will have notified the Home Office, and your visa will be curtailed.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.