ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EHIC - European Health Insurance Card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aplinhar
Mood:
Brazil

EHIC - European Health Insurance Card

Post by aplinhar » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:58 am

Hey all,

I currently hold ILR from a Tier 2 General route. I just want to be sure that it's ok for me to get the EHIC card so I can travel as turist to EU countries and in any emergency, use the EHIC card.

I never bothered to get one before but as I am currently pregnant, thought it would be a good idea to have it.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: EHIC - European Health Insurance Card

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:03 pm

OK if you are registered with NHS and have NI number.
Check out: https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/health ... ance-card/
Be aware it's not a replacement for Travel Insurance - it will only provide basic cover that is offered by the country you are visiting, i.e. not necessarily to the same standard as in the UK.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

aplinhar
Mood:
Brazil

Re: EHIC - European Health Insurance Card

Post by aplinhar » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:10 pm

Hi,

Yes I have both...always worked due to my VISA, just wan't sure because it states you need to be resident (which I believe I am with IRL) but better be safe than sorry with the rules here in the UK.