ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian OCI - Original Document Submission

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

usernameg
Newly Registered
India

Indian OCI - Original Document Submission

Post by usernameg » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:59 pm

I have an appointment booked for tomorrow 7th February for my OCI at London Goswell Road. While reading through this forum, I realised that VFS will retain my original documents for verification. I have upcoming travel scheduled for 19th February and I do not want to risk giving my British Passport to them in case they are not able to return it on time.

Please can someone help me understand which original documents will they be taking - will original copies of Naturalisation Certificate and Surrender of Indian Passport certificate suffice or will they be taking hold of my British Passport as well? If they do keep the passport - should I reschedule my appointment or do they return it in a week's time?

longshift

Re: Indian OCI - Original Document Submission

Post by longshift » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:45 pm

usernameg wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:59 pm
I have an appointment booked for tomorrow 7th February for my OCI at London Goswell Road. While reading through this forum, I realised that VFS will retain my original documents for verification. I have upcoming travel scheduled for 19th February and I do not want to risk giving my British Passport to them in case they are not able to return it on time.

Please can someone help me understand which original documents will they be taking - will original copies of Naturalisation Certificate and Surrender of Indian Passport certificate suffice or will they be taking hold of my British Passport as well? If they do keep the passport - should I reschedule my appointment or do they return it in a week's time?
Hi,

when i applied for my kids OCI renewal last wednesday. They didn't take their original British Passport. And the other docs that they did took that day were returned within 4 working days.

Hope this help. All the best.

usernameg
Newly Registered
India

Re: Indian OCI - Original Document Submission

Post by usernameg » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:19 pm

Thanks - they took my surrender and naturalisation certificate original documents but luckily passport was not taken.