ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Toledos
Russia

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Post by Toledos » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:56 am

Billyosa wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:59 pm
Toledos wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:06 pm
Good evening all.
I applied for pre-settled status as primary carer of British child, who is 17 now. For next cople years will be a student.
My biometrics done 26.11
COA i received dated 13.01, after i called and asked, its was sent to me.
I have current visitors visa till March 2020,i could not apply to bring my kid here under other types of visa, i could not apply stay with child under British law.
So this was only solutions.
Its very important for me to have right to work, becouse i nearly spend all my savings.
Father of my child, dont support and did not see child few years.
My kid is British citizen, and my ex husband too.
My questions is:
1. What will happened next with my pre-settled apllication and how long its takes to receive decision. ( i called to resolution centre and them told me, that its with case worker, if thrm will need any thing, i will be contacted).
2. How its possible for me to have right to work, before i will have decision?
I will be tyankful for any advice from you.
Regards
Hi Toledos,
Sorry for what you are going through. Please use the COA to search for job, after you receive your pre-settled status you can bring your child here with you.
Brexit has been good to us and your blessings will come soon.. All the best
Thank you for reply, my daughter in UK, she study here, she born in UK and she is British citizen, its about me, for me to have right to work to look after her, until she can work live independenly.
How long can take to receive decision?
Thank you all for replies.

Toledos
Russia

Post by Toledos » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:24 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:11 am
snooky wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:38 am
Toledos wrote:
Good evening all.
I applied for pre-settled status as primary carer of British child, who is 17 now. For next cople years will be a student.
My biometrics done 26.11
I have current visitors visa till March 2020,i could not apply to bring my kid here under other types of visa, i could not apply stay with child under British law.
Its very important for me to have right to work, becouse i nearly spend all my savings.
My questions is:
1. What will happened next with my pre-settled apllication and how long its takes to receive decision. ( i called to resolution centre and them told me, that its with case worker, if thrm will need any thing, i will be contacted).
Regards
Toledos

The problem of Zambrano principles under eu wider laws or eea case law derive right is that, there is something called Limitation or End of Right under regulations 16(6)

You may be disappointed as your child is already 17 or 17 and above, Home is going issue to you the only REMAINING RIGHT that the got under EEA regulations to be a minor Union member.

Meaning if your child 17 years and 6 months, Home Office will only issue 6 month residence card.

If by the time the also make a decision and your child is 18 years then your application would be refused. This is be your child can not help you to derive benefits under regulations 16(6)

In EU Derive law under Zambrano , derivative stops when your child turns 18 years.

Theres a proper way to go about this Toledos.

1. To seek entry clearance under domestic immigration UK law as a parent of a british child who is still under 18 years.

2. Under outside immigration rules

3. Under human rights rule

With these applications when your child turns 18 years and still not decided, Home Office will still accord you that benefit of applying before your child became 18. This is enshrined in british immigration law.

Again pre settle status can never be used for family unification or to bring others to the UK

Those with EEA EU rights and have got pre settled status would be able to rely on their old right under freedom of movement and benefits within this implementation period.

That is why I always say to people to also do application under EEA REGULATIONS especially those other derivative residence applications not Zambrano derivative because your rights are still under eea regulations.

Settlement Scheme is a British promise and not EU law and has so many broken bridges.

Hope this will help you make a proper decision
@ snooky, the user was already advised of all this already and chose to ignore the advice, see link below. User is in the UK with a 6 month visitor visa since September 2019.

eea-route-applications/eu-settlement-pr ... l#p1809159
Good mornung
I have not ignored an advice, with visitors visa, i could not apply under British law, until my visa will expire in March.May be i am not understand properly. But not ignoring any advice and very thankful for your support.
Home office told me that i can not apply.

Zambrano_ombudsman
BANNED
Saudi Arabia

Post by Zambrano_ombudsman » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:35 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:07 am
Zambrano_ombudsman wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:10 am
Billyosa wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:01 am
LULUBABY wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:14 pm

Oh, not agaaaaiiiiiiinnnnnnnn..........
Say that again 😂 he never give up..
There are people on here who are being made homeless - but Billyosa and LULUBABY are concerned with me pointing out inconsistencies.
Please yourself....go on...., rant on..... I will definitely not dignify with any further replies.
Dignify what exactly, LULUBABY? The truth? Sure.

snooky

Post by snooky » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:38 am

Toledos wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:24 am
CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:11 am
snooky wrote:
Toledos wrote:
Good evening all.
My biometrics done 26.11
My questions is:
Regards
Toledos

The problem of Zambrano principles under eu wider laws or eea case law derive right is that, there is something called Limitation or End of Right under regulations 16(6)

You may be disappointed as your child is already 17 or 17 and above, Home is going issue to you the only REMAINING RIGHT that the got under EEA regulations to be a minor Union member.

Meaning if your child 17 years and 6 months, Home Office will only issue 6 month residence card.

If by the time the also make a decision and your child is 18 years then your application would be refused. This is be your child can not help you to derive benefits under regulations 16(6)

In EU Derive law under Zambrano , derivative stops when your child turns 18 years.

1. To seek entry clearance under domestic immigration UK law as a parent of a british child who is still under 18 years.

With these applications when your child turns 18 years and still not decided, Home Office will still accord you that benefit of applying before your child became 18. This is enshrined in british immigration law.

Again pre settle status can never be used for family unification or to bring others to the UK

Those with EEA EU rights and have got pre settled status would be able to rely on their old right under freedom of movement and benefits within this implementation period.

That is why I always say to people to also do application under EEA REGULATIONS especially those other derivative residence applications not Zambrano derivative because your rights are still under eea regulations.

Settlement Scheme is a British promise and not EU law and has so many broken bridges.

@ snooky, the user was already advised of all this already and chose to ignore the advice, see link below. User is in the UK with a 6 month visitor visa since September 2019.

eea-route-applications/eu-settlement-pr ... l#p1809159
Good mornung
I have not ignored an advice, with visitors visa, i could not apply under British law, until my visa will expire in March.May be i am not understand properly. But not ignoring any advice and very thankful for your support.
Home office told me that i can not apply.
Hi

Remember that Home Office call centres and Immigration Officers can't advice of whether you can or can't

That advice is illegal because they are not qualified to do so

They work with tick boxes and you have been misled

Under the british domestic immigration laws be it Appendix FM both Entry clearance application or application within the UK

You can apply to stay here if you have a child with

1 discretionary leave
2 leave to remain
3 british

Even siblings can come here with the same if the dependant child is under 18 years

Zambrano_ombudsman
BANNED
Saudi Arabia

Post by Zambrano_ombudsman » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:41 am

snooky wrote:
Toledos wrote:
Good evening all.
My biometrics done 26.11
My questions is:
Regards
Toledos

There is so much wrong with this rant, I am not going to dignify it with a response.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:49 am

@Zambrano_ombudsman please stop this. Any further trolling, and your membership will be discontinued.

You have really exhausted our patience. There are rules in the forum, which i and every other members, moderators, Respected Gurus are required to follow.

If you are unable to follow them or comply with instructions, then maybe this is not the forum for you.

One me violation and it will be it.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:35 pm

Toledos, if you are homeless at present, the quickest remedy will be to approach the local authority no recourse to public funds section team, they will assist you under Section 17 of the children's Act 1989.

Then put in an FLR(FP) application.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Toledos
Russia

Post by Toledos » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:45 pm

Obie wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:35 pm
Toledos, if you are homeless at present, the quickest remedy will be to approach the local authority no recourse to public funds section team, they will assist you under Section 17 of the children's Act 1989.

Then put in an FLR(FP) application.
Thank you

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:59 pm

snooky wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:09 pm
IST wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:54 pm
snooky wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:22 am
IST wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:57 pm
HI all

I made application for DRV last week and today HO tried to collect £65 from my account but was declined as my account was frozen by mistake.

Will HO try again to collect the money or they will write to me
Is any contact number to call the DRV department?

Many Thanks
IST

The Home is looking for every opportunity to reject and refuse cases. Most peoples application has been returned due to insufficient funds.

I believe your documents are in the post back to you for re-representation because it takes about 2-3 days for you to know activities on your bank accounts.

Hi Snooky

Thanks for your reply.
Is any contact number to call them direct please?
IST hello

Home Office Finance Department deals with these stuff and it will be hard to speak with them.

The good news in domestic immigration law is that, in such problems the courts ruled about 10 years ago that Home Office should contact the applicant for them to make another alternative payment as rejection could leave applicant into limbo

But with EU law there is no law that allows for that because with immigration EU under the directives. Home Office only confirms your status rather than confer. So you would never be in limbo as your right also existed before telling Home Office.

Wait for it and resubmit it with a new card details or a cheque. Use credit card. Is better
Hi

I haven’t received any documents passports or application from HO yet, is over 3 week s now.
Not even tried for 2nd attempt to collect the money from my account.
I am a bit worried now.
What do you suggest did they got lost on post or they are not bothering?

Thank s in advance

Hope16
Cameroon

Post by Hope16 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:56 pm

snooky wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:23 am
Prettymum wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:27 am
Hi Snooky,

I don't understand is COA for eu settlement scheme different from EEA COA?

Can I work with COA for eu settlement scheme or not.

Please can you clarify...Many thanks
Hello

Technically they are not the same because under the EU Settlement Scheme COA (Note to Employer states this)

Currently, EEA AND SWISS CITIZENS can demonstrate their right to work with their valid EEA or Swiss passport or national identity card. Non-EEA family members of EEA and Swiss citizens, or a person with DERIVATIVE right of residence can demonstrate their right to work in the UK with a valid biomatric residence documents for as long as they continue to have those rights under EU law

It further states that with all cases there should be a right to work check

COA under settlement scheme does not have the same six months period with COA under eea

Home Office is the only Judge to say if one has right to work under settlement scheme's COA

That is I always say to people to ask Employers to do Right To Work Checks
I totally agree home office are the one to decide it just best to let the employer do the checks and move on from there ...I just love this forum

snooky

Post by snooky » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:34 pm

Hello Zambrano_ombudsman

Just want to clarify that I intentionally used regulations 16(6) to explain how Zambrano Under article works.

Regulation 16(5) or previously regulation 15A(4A) doesnt give the proper age for when Zambrano derivative could be stopped.

At times we use the easiest way to let people understand the law in reverse osmosis Lol

snooky

Post by snooky » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:40 pm

snooky wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:34 pm
Hello Zambrano_ombudsman

Just want to clarify that I intentionally used regulations 16(6) to explain how Zambrano Under article works.

Regulation 16(5) or previously regulation 15A(4A) doesnt give the proper age for when Zambrano derivative could be stopped.

At times we use the easiest way to let people understand the law in reverse osmosis Lol
#Article 20TFEU #

snooky

Post by snooky » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:46 pm

Hope16 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:56 pm
snooky wrote:
Prettymum wrote:
Hi Snooky,

Hello

Technically they are not the same because under the EU Settlement Scheme COA (Note to Employer states this)

Currently, EEA AND SWISS CITIZENS can demonstrate their right to work with their valid EEA or Swiss passport or national identity card. Non-EEA family members of EEA and Swiss citizens, or a person with DERIVATIVE right of residence can demonstrate their right to work in the UK with a valid biomatric residence documents for as long as they continue to have those rights under EU law

COA under settlement scheme does not have the same six months period with COA under eea

Home Office is the only Judge to say if one has right to work under settlement scheme's COA

I totally agree home office are the one to decide it just best to let the employer do the checks and move on from there ...I just love this forum
Prettymum

May you excel and achieve your settled status soon. This forum is good

Big ups to Topsibelle

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:14 pm

IST wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:59 pm
snooky wrote:
IST wrote:
snooky wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:22 am

IST

The Home is looking for every opportunity to reject and refuse cases. Most peoples application has been returned due to insufficient funds.

I believe your documents are in the post back to you for re-representation because it takes about 2-3 days for you to know activities on your bank accounts.

Hi Snooky

Thanks for your reply.
IST hello

Home Office Finance Department deals with these stuff and it will be hard to speak with them.

The good news in domestic immigration law is that, in such problems the courts ruled about 10 years ago that Home Office should contact the applicant for them to make another alternative payment as rejection could leave applicant into limbo

But with EU law there is no law that allows for that because with immigration EU under the directives. Home Office only confirms your status rather than confer. So you would never be in limbo as your right also existed before telling Home Office.

Wait for it and resubmit it with a new card details or a cheque. Use credit card. Is better
Hi

I haven’t received any documents passports or application from HO yet, is over 3 week s now.
I am a bit worried now.

Thank s in advance
Hi Snooky pls advise

Prettymum

Post by Prettymum » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:35 pm

snooky wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:46 pm
Hope16 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:56 pm
snooky wrote:
Prettymum wrote:
Hi Snooky,

Hello

Prettymum

May you excel and achieve your settled status soon. This forum is good

Big ups to Topsibelle

AMEN my brother. Many thanks

snooky

Post by snooky » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:35 am

IST wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:14 pm
IST wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:59 pm
snooky wrote:
IST wrote:

Hi Snooky

Thanks for your reply.
IST hello

Hi

I am a bit worried now.

Thank s in advance
Hi Snooky pls advise
Morning IST

Sorry to hear you havent still received back your documents after payment declined

There are two things here,

1. Get a new payment form and fill up, make sure you add a Note which contains your Home Office Ref and the postal number for your application, your DoB and full name and address

2. Wait to receive a new payment slip from the Home Office themselves.

Lastly go to your MP ASAP and narrate everything to him/her and forced them to call Home Office to rectify this

Moreover you can call
ukvi
Permanent Migration Team though most times not helpful but there is always one person that makes a difference at the Home Office

Cheer up

mummy21

Post by mummy21 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:43 pm

Hi everyone

Thank you very much for your replies earlier.

I complained to Home Office and my MP and gotr the generic response.

I just wanted to update you. I contacted Praxis and told them everything that happened. They advised my Zambrano application to the EU Settlement Scheme was likely to fail as I had not exhausted the domestic route. They advised me to get my son's passport as soon as possible so my son's father could not use witholding his documents for my applications as leverage over me. They also helped me and put me in touch with social services so we could get a place to stay and support. They will also help me apply for FLR(P) and a fee waiver. (Please remember this applies o my very specific situation and do not take this as an indication your application will not succeed).

They advised not to pull my EU application and that it will run concurrently with the other one.

I am still struggling with someone to countersign my son's passport application who is on the list of professionals. He is only 14 months old and therefore no teacher, headteacher etc. My GP, dentist, and Health Visitor have all refused. I have no pastor and few friends as my ex isolated me as part of the abuse. I have tried a few solicitors like suggested on this site but to no avail as yet. I hope I find someone soon. Any other suggestions will be helpful as I really don't know where to start.

Thank you everyone for your help. My son has a warm bed tonight because of you all. I will still update the outcome of my Zambrano application.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:12 am

Hi everyone
I got reply for my complaint from homeoffice.

The Home Office have to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether or not to grant status to an individual under the terms of the EU Settlement Scheme. The extent and length of time taken to complete these enquiries varies according to the circumstances of each particular application.

So far our enquiries have not been completed in regards to your applications and we are most sorry for the delay. Please rest assured that as soon as we are in a position to advance this particular application further, you will be informed of our decision with immediate effect. Unfortunately, I cannot provide an exact timescale for the completion of your case.

With regards to your most recent application for an EEA Residence Card under the Zambrano ruling, I can confirm a decision was made on this application on 27 January. I trust you are now aware of this decision.

I am partially upholding your complaint as I recognise the length of time your application has been outstanding. Please accept my sincere apologies for this, and for any inconvenience that may have been caused as a result. I can confirm that as a result of this, your case has been expedited and a decision should be expected in the near future.

Darasimidd

Post by Darasimidd » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:00 am

mummy21 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:43 pm
Hi everyone

I just wanted to update you. I contacted Praxis and told them everything that happened. They advised my Zambrano application to the EU Settlement Scheme was likely to fail as I had not exhausted the domestic route. They advised me to get my son's passport as soon as possible so my son's father could not use witholding his documents for my applications as leverage over me. They also helped me and put me in touch with social services so we could get a place to stay and support. They will also help me apply for FLR(P) and a fee waiver. (Please remember this applies o my very specific situation and do not take this as an indication your application will not succeed).

They advised not to pull my EU application and that it will run concurrently with the other one.

I am still struggling with someone to countersign my son's passport application who is on the list of professionals. He is only 14 months old and therefore no teacher, headteacher etc. My GP, dentist, and Health Visitor have all refused. I have no pastor and few friends as my ex isolated me as part of the abuse. I have tried a few solicitors like suggested on this site but to no avail as yet. I hope I find someone soon. Any other suggestions will be helpful as I really don't know where to start.

Thank you everyone for your help. My son has a warm bed tonight because of you all. I will still update the outcome of my Zambrano application.
I thank God that you and your child now have a good place to stay. I am sorry I don't have any advice regarding the British passport but try to join a local children centre around where you live, it will help you interact with parents in your community. Take your child to play groups and get involve pending spending time you are expecting response from home office.

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:56 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:12 am
Hi everyone

The Home Office have to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether or not to grant status to an individual under the terms of the EU Settlement Scheme. The extent and length of time taken to complete these enquiries varies according to the circumstances of each particular application.

So far our enquiries have not been completed in regards to your applications and we are most sorry for the delay. Please rest assured that as soon as we are in a position to advance this particular application further, you will be informed of our decision with immediate effect. Unfortunately, I cannot provide an exact timescale for the completion of your case.

With regards to your most recent application for an EEA Residence Card under the Zambrano ruling, I can confirm a decision was made on this application on 27 January. I trust you are now aware of this decision.

I am partially upholding your complaint as I recognise the length of time your application has been outstanding. Please accept my sincere apologies for this, and for any inconvenience that may have been caused as a result. I can confirm that as a result of this, your case has been expedited and a decision should be expected in the near future.
Good morning Mubashir1981

Which address did you use for the complaint to Home Office?

Thanks in advance

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:55 pm

IST wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:56 am
mubashir1981 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:12 am
Hi everyone

Good morning Mubashir1981

Which address did you use for the complaint to Home Office?

Thanks in advance
Public enquiries one

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:18 pm

Hi Guys,

This is my zambrano time line
Zambrano Derivative Residence granted:July 2019 after 2 appeals.
Applied under settlement scheme :23rd November 2019
Child's passport, my passport, Zambrano BRC and COA received :23rd Dec 19
3rd Jan 2020: Case worker called to advise I only qualify for pre settled since I became Zambrano carer from Dec 2016. I accepted pre settled.
Pre settled status granted: 3rd Feb 2020.
Received decision letter and all documents back
today 6th Feb 2020.

mummy21

Post by mummy21 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:22 pm

Congratulations.

So glad you got such a swift response!

God bless!

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:58 pm

Nyamebeye wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:18 pm
Hi Guys,

This is my zambrano time line
Zambrano Derivative Residence granted:July 2019 after 2 appeals.
Applied under settlement scheme :23rd November 2019
Child's passport, my passport, Zambrano BRC and COA received :23rd Dec 19
3rd Jan 2020: Case worker called to advise I only qualify for pre settled since I became Zambrano carer from Dec 2016. I accepted pre settled.
Pre settled status granted: 3rd Feb 2020.
Received decision letter and all documents back
today 6th Feb 2020.
. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:39 pm

mummy21 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:43 pm
Hi everyone

. Hi Mummy21, I am glad you got help. At least one immediate problem has been taken care of. The journey continues, please don’t give up. I hope and pray you come across help as regards baby’s passport, sooner than later.