ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hr20
Newly Registered
Egypt

Tier 2 Extension

Post by hr20 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi all,

I will be starting the process of extending my Tier 2 general visa and I have some questions that I wish you can help me with:

1- my first CoS end date is 18 May 2020 and my BRP will expire on 1 June 2020. will the new CoS start date will be 19 May or 2 June? I am asking this to calculate the 5 years for ILR!

2- When I arrived the UK and received my BRP from the post office, I used the printed NI number printed on the BRP and provided it to my employer. and all the payslips are using this NI number. but I was trying to create a personal tax account on HMRC website I received an error message. I contact HMRC, they told me that this NI number is not on their records and I am on a temporary account. they took all my details and promised everything will be sorted out in 8weeks and they will use the NI number on my BRP to update my records. my question here, will this have any impact on my visa extension? as I know that I will have to provide my NI number while filling the visa extension application.

Thanks a lot for your help and looking forward for your replies

manorana2009

Re: Tier 2 Extension

Post by manorana2009 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:23 pm

Is your Tier 2 visa was issued outside the UK or inside the UK?

If outside I think whatever was your entry date on vignette sticker.
If the visa was issued inside the UK than visa issue date.

about the second question I think it should be fine as long it was ur NI number.

Let the other people comments about this

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:46 pm

You ilr residence clock starts from the date your initial tier 2 visa was ISSUED. The cos start date is irrelevant as a cos is not a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hr20
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by hr20 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:53 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Visa was issued outside the UK.

Good to know that HMRC issue will not have an impact on extending the visa.

Thanks again
manorana2009 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:23 pm
Is your Tier 2 visa was issued outside the UK or inside the UK?

If outside I think whatever was your entry date on vignette sticker.
If the visa was issued inside the UK than visa issue date.

about the second question I think it should be fine as long it was ur NI number.

Let the other people comments about this

Thanks

hr20
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by hr20 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:46 pm
You ilr residence clock starts from the date your initial tier 2 visa was ISSUED. The cos start date is irrelevant as a cos is not a visa.
Thanks a lot for your help.

I was wondering about the start date for the new cos to know shall i extend for only 3 or more than 3 years. But good to know that the clock starts visa issue.